If you’ve ridden …
If you’ve ridden a mall train at Christmastime in Western Pa. in the last 40 years, you should probably thank Tom and Frank Marucci.See more
More than half …
More than half the players on the Steelers roster, including seven starters, have never played in an NFL playoff game.See more
A former Pittsburgh …
A former Pittsburgh councilman turned judge dismissed a littering charge against council president Bruce Kraus this morning.See more
Artists from around …
Artists from around the country explore the nature of compulsion at Space gallery in Pittsburgh’s Cultural District.See more
On a day …
On a day when Pitt formally lost its football coach, it surprisingly also parted ways with athletic director Steve Pederson.See more
Port Authority says interest high for free-fare zone sponsorshipBy Bobby Kerlik 10:42 p.m.
The Port Authority of Allegheny County called an audible Thursday on the Steelers’ plans to continue sponsorship of …
- Fire destroys mobile home in Butler County 10:41 p.m.
Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche, 1-0, in overtimeBy Jason Mackey 10:45 p.m.
Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury’s salivary glands are apparently just fine, but his shutout total has swelled …
- Assistant at Duke eyes Pitt football job 10:20 p.m.
Hays ‘eagle cams’ reinstalled for 2015 nesting seasonBy Mary Ann Thomas 9:23 p.m.
The Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania and PixController installed two webcams Thursday morning at the …
- Port Authority says interest high for free-fare zone sponsorship 10:42 p.m.
- Judge dismisses littering charge against City Council president Kraus 10:42 p.m.
- Pittsburgh Public Schools adopts no-tax-increase budget for 2015
- Jury finds Beltzhoover man who shot 60-year-old woman in the eye guilty of attempted homicide
Developer reveals Buncher plans for 400 Strip District apartments, townhomesBy Tom Fontaine 10:54 p.m.
What once were rusting, crumbling rail yards and mill sites along the Allegheny River in the Strip District are rapidly evolving into high-end city living spaces and urban trails and …
- Home of LeNature’s exec up for sale
- Fire at Westmoreland prison extinguished
- Ligonier Township residents concerned about hydraulic fracturing amid draft zoning ordinance
- Judge dismisses Latrobe man’s appeal in ’08 strangulation
- Ligonier man’s sentences for slayings upheld
Demolition project at Oliver’s Pourhouse in Greensburg moves aheadBy Jacob Tierney
The owners of Oliver’s Pourhouse in Greensburg are seeking permission to demolish the century-old building adjoining their restaurant to build a modern structure in its place. Roy and Natalie Bodnar …
- Beacons track shoppers’ smartphones amid retailers’ aisles 10:42 p.m.
- Nonprofit hospitals in Western Pa. feel pain in finances despite Affordable Care Act 10:39 p.m.
- 8 Western Pennsylvania hospitals penalized over infections 10:39 p.m.
- Stock market makes biggest gain in 3 years 10:37 p.m.
- Federated Investors forecasts optimistic scenario for growth in economy, markets
Rice Energy spin-off priced below expected rangeBy David Conti
Rice Energy’s discounted price for its gas pipeline spinoff underscores the importance of timing in the stock market. The Cecil-based gas operator’s master limited partnership, Rice Midstream Partners, priced its initial public offering 13 percent below the low end of …
- Review: Witherspoon loses her vanity and herself in ‘Wild’ 8:57 p.m.
- Review: Wallis, Jamie and Jay Z bring ‘Annie’ back to life 8:58 p.m.
- Jamison fans are still cheering on ‘Voice’ singer from Ross Township 9:00 p.m.
- Auditions for Broadway’s Carole King musical coming to Pittsburgh
- Toast of the Town: Explore Lawrenceville’s many watering holes
- Western Pennsylvania area’s holiday spirit is still shining bright
‘Foxcatcher’ filmmaker Miller drawn to odd storyBy Michael Machosky 8:57 p.m.
It was such a strange, shocking and unlikely crime that seemed almost implausible — even for Hollywood. The scion of one of the nation’s most illustrious family names and one …
- Fashion FYI: Anais Anette trunk show set for Lawrenceville’s Glitter & Grit 9:04 p.m.
- First Draft: There’s no time to spare when selecting brew method 9:05 p.m.
- Grand Concourse gingerbread village replicates Pittsburgh landmarks
- Pasta sauce of Castle Shannon’s Carbonara brothers captures Italy in jar
Ski wear is not just for the mountain anymoreBy JoAnne Klimovich Harrop 9:03 p.m.
Donna Gagliardi recalls a customer coming in for a bright aqua-colored ski jacket from The North Face. “She was an older woman, and I asked her if she was a …
- Obama’s Cuba move 9:50 p.m.
- Should profiling be banned?
- The rise of Putinism
- Universities need more conservatives
- Thinking about torture
A customer’s Comcast grudgeBy Peter Funt 9:50 p.m.
A diverse group including concerned parents, sports fans and even the Writers Guild of America is fighting the proposed merger of media monoliths Time Warner and Comcast. The effort is spearheaded by the nonprofit organization Public Knowledge, which claims the …