Fears of quarantine …
Fears of quarantine at home and a lost trust abroad are jeopardizing volunteer efforts in Ebola-stricken West Africa.See more
After being on …
After being on the run for 48 days, Eric Frein is being held without bail in the fatal shooting of a Pennsylvania state trooper on Sept. 12See more
After harassing Andrew …
After harassing Andrew Luck last week, the Steelers’ defense is hoping to do the same against Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco.See more
Senior Ori Rinaman’s …
Senior Ori Rinaman’s 239 rushing yards and six touchdowns powered No. 10 Mars to a first-round WPIAL playoff win against No. 7 Montour.See more
Think Washington is …
Think Washington is a joke? So do the performers behind the Capitol Steps, a comedy troupe coming to the Byham Theater this weekend.See more
Pedestrian killed in Beaver CountyBy Tribune-Review 9:51 p.m.
A pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle Friday night on Route 51 in Aliquippa, emergency officials …
Mars rides Rinaman’s 6 TDs to winBy Chris Harlan 11:46 p.m.
Mars coach Scott Heinauer was the only person excited about Friday’s cold, rainy forecast. Well, …
9Lives’ Morris goes more digital, less picky nowadaysBy Kellie B. Gormly 9:09 p.m.
Morris, the advertising mascot for 9Lives cat food, is making a comeback with a digital …
- Ferrante, wife were at odds over trip 11:38 p.m.
- Authorities say North Side woman set home on fire for insurance money
- Oakland man pleads guilty to smuggling drugs from Mexico 10:16 p.m.
- Pitt renames building after retiring vice chancellor
Foundations’ deal to buy August Wilson Center could be in jeopardyBy Brian Bowling and Natasha Lindstrom 11:11 p.m.
A coalition of local foundations failed Friday to close on its purchase of the August Wilson Center for African American Culture, leaving three days to ward off a sheriff’s sale. “I have no reason to believe it’s anything other than …
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Trooper struck by SUV in East Huntingdon has ‘long road ahead of him’
- Friends take to social media to recall Herminie teen
- MAX Environmental fined for ordinance violations
- Derry Area energy costs expected to rise
Trial for accused Franklin Regional stabber delayed until at least MarchBy Rich Cholodofsky 9:57 p.m.
The attempted-murder trial for Alex Hribal, the Franklin Regional High School student accused of trying to kill 20 classmates and a security guard in April, has been postponed until at …
- Wall Street caps a wild month with a rally 11:04 p.m.
- Coal official: Number of W.Va. mining sites falls to 96
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Profit falls at vitamin retailer GNC Holdings in third quarter
- Mylan’s 3Q profit triples on strong U.S. sales
Court validates Highmark Medicare plan that excludes UPMCBy Alex Nixon
Highmark Inc. won a court ruling Thursday allowing it to exclude UPMC hospitals and doctors from some plans it sells to seniors. Commonwealth Court President Judge Dan Pellegrini denied a request by Attorney General Kathleen Kane and Gov. Tom Corbett’s …
- Paisley, Underwood back at the awards podium 8:57 p.m.
- Opera Theater of Pittsburgh vocal competition’s not over until best voice sings 9:04 p.m.
- Feeling refreshed, Pittsburgh’s Michael Keaton soars again with big role 8:59 p.m.
- Review: Michael Keaton rises as washed-up ‘Birdman’
Capitol Steps bring timely bipartisan satire to ByhamBy Alice T. Carter 8:57 p.m.
Elaina Newport doesn’t react to news and headlines the way most people do. “It’s not a question of is it good news or bad news, but is it funny and …
- 9Lives’ Morris goes more digital, less picky nowadays 9:09 p.m.
- Homework: Black is the new black in kitchens 8:57 p.m.
- Compost piles host for lots of bugs, slugs, and animals 8:57 p.m.
- Halloween house decorators take things scariously in Western Pennsylvania
Winter on horizon means time to prep treesBy Deborah Weisberg 8:57 p.m.
Autumn means more than colorful leaves. It’s time to prepare trees for winter, and to plant new trees, according to experts who say even the most established specimens can benefit …
- Extremes of power but not of numbers 8:57 p.m.
- Kansas campaign real or ruse? 8:57 p.m.
- Reversing the Islamic threat 8:57 p.m.
- Five myths about Halloween
- Tom Wolf’s $1 billion myth
November’s coming warsBy Tribune-Review 8:57 p.m.
As it stands today, Republicans will add seats in the House and recapture the Senate on Tuesday. However, the near-certainty is that those elections will be swiftly eclipsed by issues of war, peace, immigration and race, all of which will …