The state Senate …
The state Senate for the first time on Tuesday approved legislation to privatize the state liquor system.See more
You won’t find …
You won’t find a much better view of the Three Rivers Regatta than from the top of the newly installed 90-foot Ferris wheel.See more
President Obama will …
President Obama will announce Wednesday that the U.S. and Cuba have reached an agreement to open embassies in Havana and Washington.See more
The Supreme Court …
The Supreme Court says the EPA should have considered the cost of implementing its mercury and air toxics standards before using them.See more
St. Vincent College …
St. Vincent College assistant professor Eric Kocian and his students are using interviews to refresh data on drug addiction.See more
Port Authority riders weigh in on idea to charge for Connect CardsBy Melissa Daniels 9:30 p.m.
Around 20 Pittsburgh riders and residents told Port Authority of Allegheny County officials on Tuesday whether they’re on …
Blackhawks deal Gibsonia native Saad to Blue JacketsBy The Associated Press 9:27 p.m.
The Blackhawks said all along that Brandon Saad would be back next season. Right up …
- UConn transfer picks PSU hoops 9:46 p.m.
- PSU lands 4-star defensive end 9:46 p.m.
Christie promises blunt campaign as N.J. governor enters 2016 raceBy The Associated Press
LIVINGSTON, N.J. — A tough-talking New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie launched his 2016 campaign for …
- Port Authority riders weigh in on idea to charge for Connect Cards 9:30 p.m.
- Oakland Hyatt Centric hotel deal could aid Pittsburgh Athletic Association 9:50 p.m.
- Some pieces of Scaife collection in high demand on first day of auction 9:35 p.m.
- Pittsburgh man going to prison for fatally stabbing girlfriend’s son with butcher knife 6:25 p.m.
Plum teacher’s lawyer says latest allegations don’t measure upBy Megan Guza 9:27 p.m.
The attorney for a Plum High School teacher charged for the second time with victim intimidation said Tuesday that even if his client contacted the victim, the emails do not merit the charge. Joseph Ruggieri, 40, was charged Monday with …
- Three teens injured in one-vehicle crash in Hempfield 8:48 p.m.
- Coroner: Police-involved shooting in Latrobe was justified 9:47 p.m.
- 3 injured as crash ties up Route 22 in Salem for nearly 8 hours 8:36 p.m.
- Mt Pleasant police officer assaulted while making arrest
- Hempfield Area balances budget with 1.79-mill tax increase
St. Vincent professor, students use interviews for drug addiction dataBy Renatta Signorini
Eric Kocian is looking for answers. With the backdrop of people dying from drug overdoses in record numbers throughout Westmoreland County, he wants those answers sooner, not later. So Kocian, …
- Consol again reworks offering for coal spinoff
- W.Pa. economy gains momentum as employers increase hiring 9:24 p.m.
- Snappers treat revitalizes Lawrenceville’s Edward Marc Brands chocolatier
- Heinz executives to dominate post-merger management of Kraft Heinz Co.
- Supreme Court justices ream EPA for ignoring costs to meet air standards
Halliburton to close Indiana County officeBy David Conti 9:30 p.m.
Oilfield services giant Halliburton is closing its Indiana County office as gas drilling customers pressured by low prices focus more of their activity in the southwest corner of Pennsylvania and …
- Ferris wheel goes up to help get Regatta rolling 9:47 p.m.
- Barbershoppers bring harmony to Pittsburgh 9:12 p.m.
- Obama Academy senior Marnie Quick is finalist at Jimmy Awards for theater 9:13 p.m.
- A&E notebook: Pittsburgh’s Diner en Blanc date set — Sept. 11 9:14 p.m.
- Review: Lotsa grinding, little plot in ‘Magic Mike XXL’ 9:10 p.m.
- Review: ‘Terminator Genisys’ packs powerful punch 9:11 p.m.
Forget online, Pittsburgh singles can meet mates through Dinner for 8By Alice T. Carter 9:09 p.m.
Forget the fast-track frenzy of speed-dating and the frustrations of online dating services. Bill Cartiff and Nan Cohen have founded Dinner for 8, a subscription series of custom-dinner events for …
- KitchenWise: Cut summer pies down to size — single serving size, that is 9:16 p.m.
- Dinner in Minutes: Jalapeno peppers put zing in speedy enchiladas 9:17 p.m.
- The Wine Cellar: Celebrate your pursuit of happiness with a good wine 9:15 p.m.
- Murrysville native Bullock vying for health magazine’s ‘Next Fitness Star’
When it comes to walking, Pittsburgh’s Venture Outdoors has much to offerBy Bob Karlovits 9:17 p.m.
From the trek of Lewis and Clark to a stroll through Fineview, discovery is always one of the best elements of going for a walk. “One of my favorite things …
- Whoa, whoa, whoa ... It’s WOTUS 9:22 p.m.
- The payoff for Iran
- What John Roberts left out
- Holy hypocrisy & hot air
- Punctuated with confusion: The Declaration of Independence
Quo vadis, America?By Pat Buchanan 9:22 p.m.
“Natural law — God’s law — will always trump common law,” said Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and a Christian leader in her own right. “God will have the final word in this matter.” But, for …