House Speaker Mike …
House Speaker Mike Turzai said Monday that overriding Gov. Tom Wolf’s veto of a no-tax-hike state budget is an option for the House to consider.See more
OpenStreetsPGH, designed to …
OpenStreetsPGH, designed to clear Pittsburgh roads of vehicles to walkers, runners and bicyclists, enjoys its final event of the summer.See more
The most happiness …
The most happiness to be found in one spot in Westmoreland County Sunday was surely the reunion of 18 Labrador retrievers from three litters.See more
Tika “Ice Cold” …
Tika “Ice Cold” Hemingway of Brackenridge is working toward a spot on Team USA for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.See more
A dozen years …
A dozen years after the Steelers used a first-round pick on him, Ben Roethlisberger considers himself a Pittsburgher, adopting the city as his own.See more
Former Cal U football player cleared of assault charges sues university, police, prosecutorBy Brian Bowling 10:17 p.m.
The prosecution of a former California University of Pennsylvania football player for the Oct. 30 group attack on …
Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defenseBy Chris Adamski 11:19 p.m.
Two seasons ago, Lawrence Timmons was the third-youngest regular starter on the Steelers defense. In …
Developer of proposed Ross housing plan sues dioceseBy Bill Zlatos
A developer of a proposed housing project in Ross first sued some parishioners of St. Sebastian Church, claiming …
- Tablets for Allegheny County Jail inmates deemed a success 11:21 p.m.
- Newsmaker: Kathryn Jolley 11:18 p.m.
- Beating victim from McKees Rocks recalled as skilled family man 11:18 p.m.
- Bill seeks to give Pittsburgh police license plate info 11:18 p.m.
Grant renewed for Pitt Cancer Institute, which will receive $25.6MBy Luis Fábregas 11:16 p.m.
The cancer patient of the future will be armed with genetic information about the illness that will help doctors tailor individualized treatment plans, the head of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute said Monday in announcing the renewal of a …
- McKeesport man ordered to trial in New Stanton hotel homicide 11:24 p.m.
- Hempfield library programs at risk as funds dip 11:24 p.m.
- Last option for former Jeannette Glass site: Pa. Supreme Court 11:24 p.m.
- Traffic being detoured because of accident on Walworth Bridge 11:21 p.m.
- Police identify Acme man who died after crash
Fairfield Township resident honored by Loyalhanna Watershed AssociationBy Nicole Chynoweth
Leroy “Whitey” Schaller is an advocate for the Earth. “All environments deserve to be protected,” he said. About 45 years ago, the Fairfield Township resident took steps to ensure the …
- Ambridge’s PittMoss takes off with help from TV show, Mt. Lebanon native Cuban 11:21 p.m.
- U.S. Steel to debut oil, gas pipeline connector 11:21 p.m.
- Federal judge rules oil and gas lease for Washington County tract is valid 8:37 p.m.
- Pitt to start Energy Law and Policy Institute
- Wabtec moves to buy France-based transport company 8:31 p.m.
Israel’s Teva drops bid for Mylan, buys Allergan for $40.5BBy Alex Nixon 11:17 p.m.
Mylan NV fought off a hostile takeover attempt with Israeli drugmaker Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. dropping its bid Monday and saying it instead would buy Allergan PLC’s generics drug business. …
- Stanton Heights poet Collins works to keep his words full of meaning
- West Deer community days plans more organized activities for kids
- Fairy-tale emperor gets new look in Apple Hill Playhouse production
- Review: Pittsburgh CLO’s ‘Wedding Singer’ offers few surprises
- Review: Pittsburgh New Music Ensemble adds fresh take to revival
- Review: Opera Theater Summerfest continues to impress with ‘Capriccio’
Reissue of book of album covers by Andy Warhol shows many sides of his artBy Michael Machosky 9:08 p.m.
We may not remember it here in Pittsburgh, but Andy Warhol wasn’t always universally beloved. “During his lifetime, he was the object of severe criticism. People would label him a …
- Dollars and sense: High cost of child care keeps many out of work force 9:12 p.m.
- Coping with kids: A newly discovered Dr. Seuss book 9:12 p.m.
- Open house aims to lure new businesses to Pittsburgh’s Allentown neighborhood
- 3rd In Bed By Ten dance party raises the roof while raising funds for Girls Rock! Pittsburgh
- Loyalhanna Review release party guests tour galleries, gardens of Ligonier museum
- Jennerstown’s Mountain Playhouse hosts a nice ‘Naughty’ cast party
Watering that garden right during summer’s high temperatures makes a differenceBy Doug Oster 9:11 p.m.
In a season that had gardeners wondering if they would be marching into an ark two by two, summer has given way to a hot, dry landscape. Yes, it was …
- Higher hotel tax will benefit Pittsburgh 9:26 p.m.
- Tolerating social justice jerks
- Details of the Iranian nuclear ‘deal’ only get worse
- Iran hasn’t changed its terrible ways
- The risk of sanctuary cities
Rough ride for anti-Uber politiciansBy Scott Rasmussen 9:26 p.m.
“The consumer demand for the Uber and Lyft kind of services is so great that any politician who gets in the way of that is really asking for trouble,” according to Roger McNamee. The co-founder of investment firm Elevation Partners …