State police said …
State police said escaped Armstrong County Jail inmate Robert Edward Crissman, suspected of killing a woman Thursday, was captured Friday.See more
Former Allegheny County …
Former Allegheny County Councilman Charles McCullough found guilty of taking money from an elderly woman’s estate and using it for his own benefit.See more
Shadyside’s Roslyn Place …
Shadyside’s Roslyn Place is one of the country’s few remaining exposed-wood streets, and residents are working to secure it a historic designation.See more
July has been …
July has been a barrier-breaking month for female coaches in professional sports.See more
The Steelers are …
The Steelers are stressing improved conditioning during training camp in an attempt to ward off injuries, especially on the defensive side of the ball.See more
Police: Lincoln-Lemington burglary suspect shoots self during foot chase with policeBy Michael Hasch 9:25 p.m.
A man suspected of burglarizing several homes in Lincoln-Lemington area shot himself while being chased by police Friday …
Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP HappBy Rob Biertempfel 9:25 p.m.
CINCINNATI e_SEmD Shortly before the non-waiver trade deadline on Friday, the Pirates finally found a …
WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61By The Associated Press 8:37 p.m.
“Rowdy” Roddy Piper, who trash talked his way to the main event of the first …
- McKees Rocks teen set for preliminary hearing on homicide and weapons charges 9:25 p.m.
- Allegheny County DA’s office: Photo of pair with gun evidence violates protocol 9:14 p.m.
- Mexico native sentenced to 10 years in prison for supplying cocaine to Pittsburgh-area dealers
- McKeesport tattoo artist will stand trial for allegedly beating man to death 9:21 p.m.
Judge rules McCullough guilty of taking money from elderly woman’s estateBy Adam Brandolph 9:26 p.m.
Six years of legal wrangling ended with a conviction Friday that could bring jail time for former Allegheny County solicitor and councilman Charles McCullough. McCullough, 60, of Upper St. Clair, …
- Police: Greensburg man had heroin, stolen gun 7:10 p.m.
- Southmoreland School director named
- Arraignment scheduled for Penn Hills woman accused of transporting $1M worth of heroin along turnpike
- Derry man gets 19-year prison sentence for recording sex assaults of girl
- Convicted home invader from Monessen wants new lawyer
Derry boy recovering at home after high-profile intestinal transplantBy Ben Schmitt
After a monthlong hospital stay, Angelo Giorno walked through the front door of his home with a pressing demand: macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. His family happily obliged. “That’s …
- Weak earnings drag energy sector lower 9:22 p.m.
- GNC to convert more stores to franchises as sales, profits slip
- Kennametal expects to consolidate plants as it shrinks manufacturing in continuing streamlining; profit drops
- Cost-cutting at Kraft Heinz extends to refrigerator
- U.S. asks Supreme Court to reinstate convictions of portfolio managers who won on appeal
ATI to benefit from WTO ruling against China in steel caseBy Alex Nixon 9:26 p.m.
The U.S. won a trade dispute over Chinese duties placed on American steel exports, in a ruling expected to benefit Allegheny Technologies Inc. and other steelmakers. The World Trade Organization ruled Friday that China did not comply with a 2012 …
- Review: Latest ‘M:I’ Cruises by on top talent
- Review: ‘Infinitely Polar Bear’ actually has a warm heart
- Review: ‘Testament’ a tribute to the war within
- Old Crow Medicine Show ‘Raise a Ruckus’ at Stage AE
‘Church Basement Ladies’ return to Mountain Playhouse for new musical comedyBy Debbie Black 8:57 p.m.
The comical church-basement ladies return Aug. 4 to 16 to Mountain Playhouse for “Church Basement Ladies IV, A Mighty Fortress is Our Basement.” “It’s going to be a lot of …
- At 63, Shadyside disc golfer expects to be champion again 8:57 p.m.
- ‘The Free Store Truck’ converts one person’s trash into treasure 8:57 p.m.
- You might want to keep rabbits out or run them off, but what works? 8:57 p.m.
- Homework: Sister-city wallpapers blend unique designs; new Ikea catalog focuses on ‘Little Things’ 8:57 p.m.
Residents seek to shore up status of Shadyside’s rare exposed-wood streetBy Kate Benz 8:57 p.m.
It isn’t often when a street functions as the center of attention. A place where people stop and stare, reach down and run their hands along the ground, make rubbings …
- When a traffic stop isn’t routine 8:57 p.m.
- Passing the illegals buck
- Confirm Judge Restrepo
- Don’t leave our military personnel defenseless
- Could Trump win?
Are the Turks all in?By Pat Buchanan 8:57 p.m.
All through the Cold War, the Turks were among America’s most reliable allies. Early this century, under Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey seemed to be emerging as a major power, a land bridge between Europe and the Islamic world, a friend …