If the Steelers …
If the Steelers can keep toughing out wins like last night, they’ll be in good shape when Big Ben returns, writes Rob Rossi.See more
It’s not too …
It’s not too early to start thinking about children’s gifts with Christmas a couple of months away. Here are some ideas.See more
Goals have been …
Goals have been hard to come by for the Pens this season. They hope that changes tonight in their Consol Energy Center opener.See more
Ellwood City Area …
Ellwood City Area School District narrowly avoided a strike, but at least one Western Pa. district plans to walk, and more might follow.See more
The University of …
The University of Pittsburgh puts the issue of actor-comedian Bill Cosby’s honorary degree on its faculty committee’s next agenda.See more
Federal authorities say they’ve solved botnet scheme that stole millions from Penneco Oil, targeted Sharon City School DistrictBy Brian Bowling 9:40 p.m.
International hackers stole more than $3.5 million from a Westmoreland County energy company after nearly getting $1 million …
- Man killed by train in Homestead 10:14 p.m.
Penguins fall to 0-3 after losing to CanadiensBy Jonathan Bombulie 10:14 p.m.
It’s an early-season hole, but a hole all the same. Tomas Fleischmann scored less than …
A farewell party for Pittsburgh’s Greenfield Bridge, then the headaches that followBy Melissa Daniels 10:16 p.m.
Motorists will encounter plenty of delays and detours beginning at 10 p.m. Friday and continuing …
- Sidewalk to be widened on Smithfield Street in Pittsburgh 10:15 p.m.
- Man killed by train in Homestead 10:14 p.m.
- A farewell party for Pittsburgh’s Greenfield Bridge, then the headaches that follow 10:16 p.m.
- Water leak under Banksville Road in Mt. Lebanon doesn’t bode well for commuters 9:51 p.m.
Pittsburgh considering self-insured health benefits to cut costsBy Bob Bauder 10:07 p.m.
Pittsburgh officials want to limit skyrocketing health insurance premiums and employee co-pays next year by paying health insurance claims for 3,700 employees and retirees out of pocket, Mayor Bill Peduto said Tuesday. The city expects premiums paid to the city’s …
- Federal authorities say they’ve solved botnet scheme that stole millions from Penneco Oil, targeted Sharon City School District 9:40 p.m.
- False alarm empties Westmoreland County Courthouse briefly
- Westmoreland County Common Pleas candidates differ on judicial retirement age
- Police, the Diamond top Ligonier Borough issues
- St. Vincent gives notice of planned power outage
WCCC fraternity helps fallen Ligonier officer’s familyBy Craig Smith
The family of Lt. Eric Eslary was given a donation Monday from Westmoreland County Community College — the school where the policeman who died in the line of duty studied …
- Twitter to lay off 336 workers 9:35 p.m.
- Further evidence of China weakness ends stock market’s win streak 9:52 p.m.
- Downtown Pittsburgh project would create high-end apartments 9:51 p.m.
- Education tech firm Acrobatiq does software to supplement college learning
- Chesapeake Energy appoints Brad Martin chairman of the board
Pa., W.Va., Ohio to coordinate efforts to attract shale-related businessBy David Conti 10:16 p.m.
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – Sen. Joe Manchin returned from a recent visit to the Gulf Coast wondering why natural gas development looked so different in his home state. “We’ve got the product here. Why don’t we have all the other stuff …
- Littsburgh promotes Pittsburgh’s diverse literary scene 9:07 p.m.
- Alloy Pittsburgh is bringing group art exhibition to Rankin’s Carrie Furnace 9:10 p.m.
- Wiz Khalifa’s ‘See You Again’ gets 2 AMA nominations 9:12 p.m.
- Pay-what-you-want option offered by Pittsburgh’s City Theatre Company 9:13 p.m.
- Billy Gardell, brother open Florida pizza restaurant 9:09 p.m.
- Playboy opts for a touch of modesty, will stop running nude photos 10:12 p.m.
Stevie Wonder: ‘Living legend’ coming to ConsolBy Kellie B. Gormly 9:11 p.m.
The “wonder” of an R&B legend’s voice is drawing a carpool of colleagues at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland to Pittsburgh. They’re coming to …
- Dinner in Minutes: Veal with cider brings fall to dinner 9:15 p.m.
- Make butterscotch pudding from scratch 9:15 p.m.
- Pizzazz shopping showcase draws intriguing vendors to Pittsburgh
- Looking ahead to the hottest holiday gifts for kids
KitchenWise: Master the easy art of cooking dried beans from scratchBy The Associated Press 9:14 p.m.
Until I went off to college and became a vegetarian out of financial necessity, beans really weren’t a part of my life. But once I found myself pinching pennies while …
- Losing jobs over Ex-Im’s expiration? Don’t believe it 9:31 p.m.
- Gun control isn’t the answer
- Putin’s model of success
- Placing the dregs of Gitmo
- Exclusive to the Trib: Keeping America secure; 5 questions for the presidential candidates
The poisoned chaliceBy Pat Buchanan 9:31 p.m.
The honor of it aside, Rep. Paul Ryan would do well to decline the speakership of the House. For it is a poisoned chalice that is being offered to him. The Republican Party is not, as some commentators wail, in …