Insurer Highmark Inc. …
Insurer Highmark Inc. will continue to cover maternity care at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC for patients who became pregnant in 2014.See more
Columnist Joe Starkey …
Columnist Joe Starkey says the immediate aftermath isn’t the time to judge the Pirates’ trade of Travis Snider or the Penguins dealing for Maxim Lapierre.See more
“Brahman/I,” Aditi Brennan …
“Brahman/I,” Aditi Brennan Kapil’s play at Quantum Theatre, uses humor to address stereotyping and finding an identity.See more
Depressed natural gas …
Depressed natural gas prices are causing challenges for the energy industry, but analysts say Pennsylvania pipeline builders are largely shielded.See more
Experts say advertisers …
Experts say advertisers should invest in emotional appeals to their customers in getting the most bang for their buck with Super Bowl ads.See more
Police shoot pit bull that attacked Beaver County man, sonBy Michael Hasch 10:36 p.m.
A Beaver County man and his son were taken to Pittsburgh hospitals Thursday after being attacked by a …
Rossi: In Super city, everything but football mattersBy Rob Rossi 11:28 p.m.
PHOENIX A former heavyweight champion broke down Seattle’s defense while a former world championship coach …
- Slumping Pitt keeps chin up 11:47 p.m.
- Scott set to make Hall of Fame history 11:23 p.m.
Pa. Treasurer McCord resigns without explanation, to leave Feb. 12By Brad Bumsted 10:50 p.m.
HARRISBURG — State Treasurer Rob McCord unexpectedly resigned Thursday, telling Gov. Tom Wolf that he …
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors 11:48 p.m.
- Newsmaker: Laurie Sanders 11:00 p.m.
- Drug enforcement effort in Hampton yields two arrests 8:36 p.m.
- PennDOT says inbound Fort Pitt Tunnel will close around-the-clock this weekend
Highmark members to keep maternity care at UPMC’s Magee-Womens Hospital in 2015By Adam Smeltz and Alex Nixon 11:11 p.m.
At least 120 pregnant women insured by Highmark Inc. will retain coverage this year at UPMC-owned Magee-Womens Hospital under a state-brokered resolution announced Thursday. The agreement means Highmark-covered women can …
- Three injured in two-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield 11:21 p.m.
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought, alleged accomplice arrested 11:41 p.m.
- Woman pays $178 fine for Westmoreland courthouse conduct 8:17 p.m.
- Beer spills onto Route 22 when delivery truck collides with coal truck 10:00 p.m.
- Youngwood officials worry about too many tenants in homes
3 in Westmoreland charged in painkiller ringBy Joe Napsha 11:15 p.m.
A North Huntingdon woman is accused of stealing at least 12,000 prescription narcotic pills with a street value estimated at $360,000 while working at Norwin Pharmacy and selling them to …
- Credit card privacy a myth, study shows 10:50 p.m.
- Earnings, home sales data break Wall Street’s 2-day losing streak 9:37 p.m.
- BNY Mellon is putting iconic Citizens Bank Tower up for sale 11:48 p.m.
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline 10:50 p.m.
- Super Bowl ads win by playing to viewers’ emotions, experts say
Wolf signs ban on new drilling beneath state landBy Tribune-Review
Gov. Tom Wolf signed an order banning new oil and gas wells in Pennsylvania forests and parks Thursday, saying the moratorium strikes the right balance between economic development and environmental …
- Review: Cotillard shines in Dardennes’ moving social drama 9:10 p.m.
- Review: ‘Black or White’ finds dramatic promise in the grey areas of American race relations 8:55 p.m.
- ‘Pittsburgh Dad’ book to include best Yinzer rants 9:08 p.m.
- Memorial reading in Bloomfield to honor award-winning poet Kinnell
- City Theatre production of ‘Mr. Joy’ explores race, class
- Skillet hopes Christian music tour Winter Jam fans the flames of hope
Review: ‘A Most Violent Year’ speaks softly, carries much menaceBy Roger Moore 9:10 p.m.
Abel Morales is an honorable man. He wants to run his heating-oil delivery business above board. But his company, which he bought out from his father-in-law, has mobsters, underhanded competitors …
- Trendy jumpsuits are heating up red carpets 9:13 p.m.
- Fashion FYI: Exhibit of Mario Epanya’s fashion photos to end in Highland Park 9:15 p.m.
- Hotel Monaco creative director: Success with whimsical decor requires open mind 9:15 p.m.
- Kitten Bowl II could be winner by a whisker Super Bowl Sunday 9:16 p.m.
First Draft: Local brewers craft friendships, hash out new recipesBy Chris Togneri 9:15 p.m.
Two lawyers, a college professor and a brewmaster walk into a low-ceiling basement. The start of a weird and probably creepy joke? Not at all. It’s exactly what happened last …
- Will modern marriage win? 9:27 p.m.
- 30 days’ notice is not enough!
- The Persians are coming!
- Pittsburgh schools that work
- State of the Union gives false hope to entry-level employees
Defense against demagoguesBy Walter Williams 9:27 p.m.
When gasoline sold at record prices, Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., said, “I think it’s time to say to these people, ‘Stop ripping off the American people.’” When the average price of regular gas was close to $4 a gallon, Sen. …