Steve Downie stuck …
Steve Downie stuck up for teammate Kris Letang with a fight, and the Penguins forward added a goal in a 3-2 win over the Coyotes.See more
MLB commissioner Rob …
MLB commissioner Rob Manfred says the Pirates’ front office deserves the credit for the team’s turnaround in recent seasons.See more
With “Uncrated: The …
With “Uncrated: The Hidden Lives of Artworks,” visitors to the Carnegie Museum of Art can see some of the inner workings of the museum.See more
They might not …
They might not be the right choice for children, but for adults who are well-informed and prepared, “rabbits can be amazing pets.”See more
A breakaway faction …
A breakaway faction of the Catholic Church that is at odds with the Vatican and the Diocese of Pittsburgh will reopen a former West End church.See more
Police, residents, business owners meet in HomewoodBy Tribune-Review 5:12 p.m.
About 30 people attended a meeting of city residents, business owners and police officers from the city’s Zone …
Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over CoyotesBy Jason Mackey 6:06 p.m.
Steve Downie’s fingerprints were all over this one. Literally. Downie fought Shane Doan, who delivered …
Hotel Conneaut operator says events will go on despite letter canceling leaseBy Bill Vidonic 5:48 p.m.
The operator of the Hotel Conneaut in Crawford County said Saturday that wedding celebrations and other events will …
- Police, residents, business owners meet in Homewood 5:12 p.m.
- Knoxville man charged in high-speed chase through city 5:06 p.m.
- Police seek couple in assault, robbery 4:33 p.m.
- CCAC warns students about possible abduction 5:50 p.m.
300 pounds of trash removed from Pittsburgh’s Three Rivers Heritage TrailBy Bill Vidonic 5:57 p.m.
Jay Kemp found a discarded “No Littering” sign during a cleanup last year of the South Side segment of the Three Rivers Heritage Trail. Kemp, 60, of Friendship, didn’t find …
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Man in New Kensington standoff charged
- Freshman arrested in Burrell High School bomb threat
- Budget work ahead for Southmoreland School District
- Ligonier Valley YMCA marks start of 32,000-square-foot expansion
Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroinBy Tony LaRussa
A Norwin health teacher responsible for telling students about the dangers of drug abuse has been charged with selling heroin, police said Friday. Lisa Marie Rodnicki, 37, of Irwin, the …
- Komando: Boost cellphone signal when nixing landline 4:34 p.m.
- Credit card use reflects confidence, flat wages
- Economy in steady, but poky expansion
- Dow Chemical, Olin in $5B cash-and-stock deal
- Aggressive drivers to face Progressive surcharges
Falling demand for steel not likely to reverse any time soonBy Chris Fleisher
It’s been a rough time for American steel makers. U.S. Steel has moved to close plants and lay off thousands of workers. Ohio-based AK Steel warned investors this month that …
- Women Read/Women Write Book Fest returns bigger than ever
- Cat or dog not great fit for pet? A bunny might be your buddy
- Hampton music lovers pay it forward with traveling musicians
- Pittsburgh comic Billy Gardell steps up his game with Monopoly host gig
- Energetic guest conductor inspires fresh performances
Review: Coben delivers page-turner with ‘The Stranger’By Jeff Ayers 5:07 p.m.
Harlan Coben rolls out compelling tales set in suburbia where secrets buried underneath the facade of a happy life threaten to destroy families and neighborhoods. Rarely can an author grab …
- Road Trip! Destination: Indianapolis 5:31 p.m.
- Cooking Class: Tagliolini and Crabmeat at Cenacolo 5:11 p.m.
- Rubbed, grilled fish makes tastier tacos 5:13 p.m.
- Homework: Pittsburgh Botanic Garden in North Fayette reopens
- First Draft: Beer lovers at CoStar take the time to brew it right
- Spring check-up: Gingham is this season’s fashion favorite
South Side house part of former Steeler’s end gameBy Bob Karlovits 5:27 p.m.
Baron Batch hopes to score a touchdown with the sale of his house. He already has racked up a first down. “Life is all about leverage,” says Batch, a former …
- Congress should repeal medical device tax
- Enemy of my enemy
- What’s gone wrong with Democracy?
- Death wishes & Obama’s hope
- Obama policies favor illegal aliens over Americans
Shameful balance of powersBy Byron York
The White House and some Democrats are livid over congressional Republican attempts to circumvent President Obama’s authority to make a nuclear arms deal with Iran. They have a right to be angry — but not to be surprised. There’s a …