Chris Kunitz forced …
Chris Kunitz forced overtime with a late goal, and Simon Despres finished off a needed 2-1 win for the Penguins with a marker at 2:21 of overtime.See more
State Treasurer Rob …
State Treasurer Rob McCord will plead guilty to federal charges related to his campaign finances.See more
Teams of students …
Teams of students from the nation’s military academies gathered Friday in Oakland for the second CyberStakes Competition.See more
“American Picker” Frank …
“American Picker” Frank Fritz and a synthetic skating rink will be among the highlights of the Pittsburgh Indoor/Outdoor Home Show in Monroeville.See more
It took 54 …
It took 54 years, but charges were expunged against a retired Slippery Rock professor involved in a 1961 lunch-counter protest in South Carolina.See more
UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicideBy Michael Hasch 10:42 p.m.
The UPMC researcher who collapsed at her desk and died a few hours later took her own life, …
Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential CenterBy Jason Mackey 10:55 p.m.
NEWARK, N.J. — The Penguins’ patience paid off. Facing the New Jersey Devils at Prudential …
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch 10:34 p.m.
Designs by Frank Lloyd Wright nominated for World Heritage inclusionBy Bob Karlovits 7:12 p.m.
Fallingwater in Fayette County is one of 10 sites designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright …
- Propel Braddock school bans backpacks, to add metal detectors 10:36 p.m.
- Pittsburgh police warn of toy guns that look like the real thing 10:52 p.m.
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide 10:42 p.m.
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance 10:36 p.m.
Military academy members hone hacking skills at competitionBy Megha Satyanarayana 10:52 p.m.
Some of the cadets huddled around computers, with running scripts blurring their monitors. Others sat at door locks, trying to figure out how to pick them. Teams of students from …
- Odor from minor fuel spill causes evacuation of West Point Elementary
- Overnight snow delaying schools in Western Pa.
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in painkiller ring
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette CountyBy Tribune-Review
A 26-year-old Monessen woman died at the scene of a two-vehicle crash Friday on Route 51 in Franklin Township. State police in Belle Vernon reported Sasha Green died when she …
- Consol Energy posts $74M profit in fourth quarter 10:32 p.m.
- BNY Mellon expands role for treasury exec
- Wall Street closes January on down note; Dow sheds 251 points 9:54 p.m.
- Consumer comes to the rescue as companies step back 10:32 p.m.
- Phelan: Fuel-saving tips for winter driving 9:24 p.m.
Natural gas industry buys share of Super Bowl spotlightBy David Conti 10:32 p.m.
The natural gas industry is making a big bet on Pennsylvania preserves and produce during this year’s Super Bowl. The American Petroleum Institute said Friday it will air regional spots …
- Review: Stylish whodunit ‘The Loft’ doesn’t reach narrative heights 7:12 p.m.
- Designs by Frank Lloyd Wright nominated for World Heritage inclusion 7:12 p.m.
- ‘Black or White’ leaves Kevin Costner spent — emotionally and financially
- Review: ‘Black or White’ finds dramatic promise in the grey areas of American race relations
- Ex-rap mogul ‘Suge’ Knight arrested in deadly LA hit-and-run
- Review: ‘A Most Violent Year’ speaks softly, carries much menace
Review: Score, costumes shine in Pittsburgh Public Theater’s ‘My Fair Lady’By Alice T. Carter 7:12 p.m.
All she wants is a room somewhere, far away from the cold night air. Eliza and the audience get that and a whole lot more with Pittsburgh Public Theater’s “My …
- Prison artists add works to Braddock Carnegie’s art-lending library 7:12 p.m.
- Snow can be positive for garden, but negatives can be a slippery slope
- First Draft: Local brewers craft friendships, hash out new recipes
- Designer Bethany Mota coming to Ross Park Mall
- Trendy jumpsuits are heating up red carpets
- Fashion FYI: Exhibit of Mario Epanya’s fashion photos to end in Highland Park
Homework: Pittsburgh Home Show to feature celebs, wine and petsBy Tribune-Review 7:09 p.m.
Frank Fritz from the History channel’s “American Pickers,” 200 exhibitors and a synthetic skating rink will be among the highlights of the Pittsburgh Indoor/Outdoor Home Show from Feb. 6 to …
- Breaking the cycle of parental neglect 8:57 p.m.
- For 70 years, fluoridation has proven its value 8:57 p.m.
- Derail ‘fast track’ 8:57 p.m.
- Defense against demagogues
- Will modern marriage win?
Rushing to stop ObamaBy Byron York 8:57 p.m.
It took a while for Republicans to catch on to what President Obama is doing with the U.S. terrorist prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. But now that it’s clear Obama is rushing to empty the place, Republicans are stepping up …