State police said …
State police said escaped Armstrong County Jail inmate Robert Edward Crissman, suspected of killing a woman Thursday, was captured Friday.See more
Former Allegheny County …
Former Allegheny County Councilman Charles McCullough found guilty of taking money from an elderly woman’s estate and using it for his own benefit.See more
July has been …
July has been a barrier-breaking month for female coaches in professional sports.See more
The Steelers are …
The Steelers are stressing improved conditioning during training camp in an attempt to ward off injuries, especially on the defensive side of the ball.See more
Over the past …
Over the past 46 years, Susie Fitzgerald has transformed her 28-acre estate in Pine into a colorful display of vegetation with plenty of variety.See more
Allegheny County DA’s office: Photo of staffer with gun evidence violates protocolBy Adam Brandolph 7:14 p.m.
A photograph showing an Allegheny County prosecutor and a Pittsburgh police officer holding military-style weapons …
Pirates trade for Mariners LHP Happ, Dodgers 1B/OF MorseBy Rob Biertempfel 7:14 p.m.
CINCINNATI e_SEmD About two hours before right-hander A.J. Burnett went on the 15-day disabled list …
Experimental Ebola vaccine could stop virus in West AfricaBy The Associated Press 4:30 p.m.
LONDON — An experimental Ebola vaccine tested on thousands of people in Guinea seems to work and might …
- Allegheny County DA’s office: Photo of staffer with gun evidence violates protocol 7:14 p.m.
- Mexico native sentenced to 10 years in prison for supplying cocaine to Pittsburgh-area dealers 5:41 p.m.
- McKeesport tattoo artist will stand trial for allegedly beating man to death 6:34 p.m.
- Carrick residents, businesses join police to create ‘Virtual Block Watch’ 5:35 p.m.
Judge rules McCullough guilty of taking money from elderly woman’s estateBy Adam Brandolph 7:24 p.m.
Six years of legal wrangling ended with a conviction Friday that could bring jail time for former Allegheny County solicitor and councilman Charles McCullough. McCullough, 60, of Upper St. Clair, …
- Police: Greensburg man had heroin, stolen gun 7:10 p.m.
- Southmoreland School director named
- Arraignment scheduled for Penn Hills woman accused of transporting $1M worth of heroin along turnpike
- Derry man gets 19-year prison sentence for recording sex assaults of girl
- Convicted home invader from Monessen wants new lawyer
Derry boy recovering at home after high-profile intestinal transplantBy Ben Schmitt
After a monthlong hospital stay, Angelo Giorno walked through the front door of his home with a pressing demand: macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. His family happily obliged. “That’s …
- GNC to convert more stores to franchises as sales, profits slip
- Kennametal expects to consolidate plants as it shrinks manufacturing in continuing streamlining; profit drops
- Cost-cutting at Kraft Heinz extends to refrigerator
- U.S. asks Supreme Court to reinstate convictions of portfolio managers who won on appeal
- Economy’s 2Q best since last year
ATI to benefit from WTO ruling against China in steel caseBy Alex Nixon 7:20 p.m.
The U.S. won a trade dispute over Chinese duties placed on American steel exports, in a ruling expected to benefit Allegheny Technologies Inc. and other steelmakers. The World Trade Organization ruled Friday that China did not comply with a 2012 …
- Review: ‘Infinitely Polar Bear’ actually has a warm heart
- Review: ‘Testament’ a tribute to the war within
- Old Crow Medicine Show ‘Raise a Ruckus’ at Stage AE
- Pop band One Direction is moving forward with tour stop at Heinz Field
- Neighborhood movie theaters use unconventional methods to draw customers
- Westmoreland mainstay Vallozzi’s brings Italian flavor to Downtown location
Review: Latest ‘M:I’ Cruises by on top talentBy Jocelyn Noveck
There’s some interesting talk in the cleverly satisfying script of “Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation” about the element of luck. As in: How much is luck a factor in the …
- Bubble soccer bounces its way into Western Pa. sports venues
- First Draft: East End, Wigle gamble on flavor with barrel swap
- Fashion FYI: RAW: Pittsburgh showcase features over 40 artists
- Arsenal hard cider now served at Soergel Orchards in Franklin Park
- In Western Pennsylvania, cookie tables aren’t just for weddings 6:40 p.m.
- Summer’s favorite caffeine kick in Pittsburgh comes from cold-brew coffee 6:41 p.m.
Since 1969, Pine resident Fitzgerald’s garden has flourishedBy Doug Oster
A brief, but powerful afternoon thunderstorm rolled through Susie Fitzgerald’s Pine garden, peppering her treasured hostas with fat raindrops. Thirty minutes later, the rain subsided and the sweet fragrance of …
- Confirm Judge Restrepo
- Don’t leave our military personnel defenseless
- Could Trump win?
- A refusenik’s answer to Iran
- Rough ride for anti-Uber politicians
Passing the illegals buckBy Thomas Sowell
People who entered the United States illegally may be called “undocumented” in politically correct circles, but what is all too well documented is the utter irresponsibility of both political parties in dealing with immigration issues. Both Democrat and Republican administrations …