A federal judge …
A federal judge erased New England quarterback Tom Brady’s four-game suspension in the NFL’s “Deflategate” controversy.See more
Industrial giant Alcoa …
Industrial giant Alcoa is investing big in its Upper Burrell research center to develop new 3D printing technology.See more
Burkle and Lemieux …
Burkle and Lemieux want $750 million for the team, more than twice as much as has ever been paid for an American NHL franchise.See more
South Fayette native …
South Fayette native Ashley Schmider is looking forward to competing in the Miss America Pageant this month in Atlantic City.See more
Pa. opponents of …
Pa. opponents of an Obama administration proposal to strengthen limits on smog-causing ozone in the lower atmosphere blast the plan.See more
Former Highmark CEO sues health insurer for $32 millionBy Matt Santoni 2:43 p.m.
Former Highmark CEO Dr. Kenneth Melani has sued his former employer over his 2012 firing, alleging he was …
Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defenseBy Chris Adamski
It took more than eight years. But at last, the transition from the Bill Cowher …
Murrysville’s Brooks honored as Mayor of the Year by state associationBy Patrick Varine 12:15 p.m.
When Eli Evankovich was considering a run for state representative in 2010, multiple people told …
- Former Highmark CEO sues health insurer for $32 million 2:43 p.m.
- Highmark Health reports $171M operating loss for 1st half of year 2:43 p.m.
- Penn Hills man sentenced to 12 ½ to 29 years of prison for voluntary manslaughter 2:33 p.m.
- Morning delay: Banksville Road contractor failed to give notice of lane restriction 2:44 p.m.
Accreditation drive part of agency revamp, Allegheny County Health Department director saysBy Aaron Aupperlee 2:43 p.m.
The Allegheny County Health Department has applied to a nonprofit board for accreditation, Director Karen Hacker announced Wednesday, a process that has steered changes at the department since she took over two years ago. The accreditation process has reorganized the …
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun 2:26 p.m.
- Police: Woman faked Mt. Pleasant robbery 12:10 p.m.
- Latrobe parks and recreation director to retire
- Packages with ‘inappropriate’ material for girls sent to Murrysville stopped by Postal Service
- Hempfield officials to review site plan for Excela Health Orthoplex
4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno from Derry on life support, family saysBy Ben Schmitt 2:43 p.m.
Angelo Giorno, the 4-year-old Derry boy whose intestinal transplant made headlines throughout the summer, remains in critical condition at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, hospital officials said Thursday. Dr. …
- Alcoa putting $60M into Upper Burrell tech center expansion 2:53 p.m.
- Fifth Third Bank selling Pittsburgh branches to First National 2:49 p.m.
- Pa. business interests decry EPA ozone proposal as economic albatross
- Housing bright spot as Beige Book survey shows Pittsburgh region’s growth slight
- American to halt 2 direct routes from Pittsburgh International
Highmark Health reports $171M operating loss for 1st half of yearBy Ben Schmitt 2:43 p.m.
Highmark Health on Thursday reported an operating loss of $171 million for the first six months of 2015, which it attributed to the performance of individual health plans sold through the Affordable Care Act’s marketplace. Highmark Health is the parent …
- Fancy some English refinement in Pittsburgh? Britsburgh a smashing answer
- Free concerts highlight Coors Light Kickoff and Rib Festival at Heinz Field
- Sax great Phil Woods takes on Charlie Parker’s ‘Strings’ at Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild
- Dorothy 6 offers home-style American food with a nod to Homestead’s industrial past
- Pict Classic Theatre’s ‘Educating Rita’ explores the lust for knowledge
- DVD reviews: ‘Mad Max: Fury Road,’ ‘The D Train’ and ‘Good Kill’
With good cause, Rusted Root happy to return to Hartwood AcresBy Rex Rutkoski
A quarter of a century down a most interesting career path, Rusted Root rocks on. “I never expected for us not to still be doing it. As crazy and awesome …
- Little-known tropical fruit pawpaw has sweet taste, interesting history
- Alice Waters to be honored at ‘Farm to Table’ event
- KitchenWise: A little brine can produce stellar pork chops
- Fast relish dresses up cookout
SUP3Rivers SouthSide festival floats idea of stand-up paddleboardingBy JoAnne Klimovich Harrop
With summer quickly fading, here’s a chance to spend time on the river before we head into fall. The SUP3Rivers SouthSide Outside Paddle & Music Festival is Sept. 5. The …
- Can the GOP deal with Iran?
- Gun myths & the Roanoke shootings
- Russia burns out of control
- Brain gain in Pittsburgh
- What’s Holdren hiding?
Blame liberals for the rise of TrumpBy S.e. Cupp
There are a few existential questions that man has struggled but failed to answer conclusively, despite Sisyphean efforts, such as: Why are we here? What happens when we die? Why do kids go ape for “Frozen”? To these we may …