Fears of quarantine …
Fears of quarantine at home and a lost trust abroad are jeopardizing volunteer efforts in Ebola-stricken West Africa.See more
Drivers in the …
Drivers in the state are paying less for a gallon a gas than they were a year ago, but planned changes to a tax could offset that.See more
After harassing Andrew …
After harassing Andrew Luck last week, the Steelers’ defense is hoping to do the same against Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco.See more
Senior Ori Rinaman’s …
Senior Ori Rinaman’s 239 rushing yards and six touchdowns powered No. 10 Mars to a first-round WPIAL playoff win against No. 7 Montour.See more
Think Washington is …
Think Washington is a joke? So do the performers behind the Capitol Steps, a comedy troupe coming to the Byham Theater this weekend.See more
Pedestrian killed in Beaver CountyBy Tribune-Review
A pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle Friday night on Route 51 in Aliquippa, emergency officials …
Mars rides Rinaman’s 6 TDs to winBy Chris Harlan
Mars coach Scott Heinauer was the only person excited about Friday’s cold, rainy forecast. Well, …
Sham utility workers take Washington County couple for cash, jewels worth thousandsBy Margaret Harding 8:29 a.m.
Two men posing as water utility workers talked their way into a Washington County home …
- Penn Hills man arrested in fatal Elliott home invasion 8:12 a.m.
- Foundations’ deal to buy August Wilson Center could be in jeopardy 8:29 a.m.
- Sham utility workers take Washington County couple for cash, jewels worth thousands 8:29 a.m.
- Nude photos of Penn Hills High School students spur investigation 8:29 a.m.
Legionnaires’ case was contracted elsewhere, Pittsburgh VA hospital saysBy Adam Smeltz
Tests show a veteran diagnosed with Legionnaires’ disease in September at the Veterans Affairs Pittsburgh Healthcare System did not contract the illness from the hospital network, VA spokesman Mark Ray said. VA Pittsburgh investigated whether water at its University Drive …
- Fire damages silo on Salem farm
- Harrison City-Export Road opening delayed
- New Indian Creed Valley Trail segment, bridge dedication set
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Trooper struck by SUV in East Huntingdon has ‘long road ahead of him’
Trial for accused Franklin Regional stabber delayed until at least MarchBy Rich Cholodofsky
The attempted-murder trial for Alex Hribal, the Franklin Regional High School student accused of trying to kill 20 classmates and a security guard in April, has been postponed until at …
- Pittsburgh-area stocks triumph over a volatile October
- US consumer spending down 0.2 percent in September
- Wall Street caps a wild month with a rally
- Pump prices: How low can you go? Below $3
- Coal official: Number of W.Va. mining sites falls to 96
Health insurers’ move towardd ‘high-value’ care providers may reduce choiceBy Alex Nixon
Health insurance companies are looking beyond doctors and trying to engage patients in curbing health care spending by changing the way they pay for it. As the trend takes hold, it could mean better outcomes and lower costs, but it …
- Violinist wows thin PSO crowd 8:29 a.m.
- Paisley, Underwood back at the awards podium
- Feeling refreshed, Pittsburgh’s Michael Keaton soars again with big role
- Opera Theater of Pittsburgh vocal competition’s not over until best voice sings
Capitol Steps bring timely bipartisan satire to ByhamBy Alice T. Carter
Elaina Newport doesn’t react to news and headlines the way most people do. “It’s not a question of is it good news or bad news, but is it funny and …
- 9Lives’ Morris goes more digital, less picky nowadays
- Homework: Black is the new black in kitchens
- Compost piles host for lots of bugs, slugs, and animals
- Halloween house decorators take things scariously in Western Pennsylvania
Winter on horizon means time to prep treesBy Deborah Weisberg
Autumn means more than colorful leaves. It’s time to prepare trees for winter, and to plant new trees, according to experts who say even the most established specimens can benefit …
- Extremes of power but not of numbers
- Kansas campaign real or ruse?
- Reversing the Islamic threat
- Five myths about Halloween
- Tom Wolf’s $1 billion myth
November’s coming warsBy Tribune-Review
As it stands today, Republicans will add seats in the House and recapture the Senate on Tuesday. However, the near-certainty is that those elections will be swiftly eclipsed by issues of war, peace, immigration and race, all of which will …