A group of …
A group of municipal and airport authority officials see the Allegheny County Airport as an “under-utilized gem.”See more
A meeting between …
A meeting between members of the Pittsburgh community and law enforcement officials is part of a program designed to mend their relationship.See more
The new owners …
The new owners of Allegheny Center — New York-based Faros Properties — want to make the North Side Pittsburgh’s next technology hub.See more
Wigle Whiskey, headquartered …
Wigle Whiskey, headquartered in the Strip District, will officially unveil its first bourbon to mark its third anniversary.See more
Those traveling for …
Those traveling for Memorial Day will have the company of 37 million others, the highest travel volume for the weekend in a decade.See more
Trooper fatally shoots burglary suspect inside Somerset grocery storeBy Paul Peirce 12:46 p.m.
State troopers responding to a burglar alarm at a Somerset grocery store early Friday shot …
- Armed bandit holds up Leechburg gas station 12:12 p.m.
Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left sideBy Bill West
At the beginning of this season, Pirates shortstop Jordy Mercer received a small Superman action …
Suspect in killings of wealthy D.C. family arrestedBy The Associated Press 11:01 a.m.
WASHINGTON — After a multistate manhunt, authorities tracked the suspect in the deaths of a …
- Allegheny Medical Examiner’s Office responds to Coraopolis train-pedestrian incident 12:45 p.m.
- Allegheny County inmate dies at hospital 1:31 p.m.
- Police confiscate heroin, phones, cash in North Versailles bust
- Plum witnesses seen entering grand jury building in Dormont
Baldwin-Whitehall teacher charged with assault for hitting male student in chestBy Stephanie Hacke 1:27 p.m.
A Baldwin-Whitehall middle school teacher is charged with assault because police say he struck a student in the chest, causing the boy to black out and hit his head moments later. Whitehall police on Wednesday charged math instructor Brian Matthew …
- Lawyers for convicted killer Smyrnes want info about death row
- Penn Township man pleads guilty to assaulting 3 police officers
- 2 from Westmoreland County charged in child porn investigation
- Sewickley Township agrees to lease for land for playground
- Charges dismissed against former Westmoreland jail guard accused of sex with inmate
Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraudBy Paul Peirce
A Belle Vernon man and a Greensburg woman who operated a string of used-car dealerships in Greensburg, Latrobe and McKeesport were indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury in Pittsburgh for under-reporting revenues by more than $2.7 million over four …
- Pa. sees widespread job gains; jobless rate holds at 5.3% 12:55 p.m.
- Murray Energy expects to lay off as many as 1,800 more
- BNY Mellon promotes executive
- BNY Mellon to pay $180M to end foreign-exchange lawsuit
- Millions to travel through Western Pa. during Memorial Day weekend
Developer hopes to make Allegheny Center a tech hubBy Chris Fleisher
The new owners of Allegheny Center want to make the North Side Pittsburgh’s next technology hub. New York-based Faros Properties announced Thursday that it is embarking on a multimillion-dollar plan …
- New Fort Pitt Museum exhibit explores early settlers captured by Indians
- Free Summer Jam shows planned at Station Square
- Review: ‘I Am Big Bird’ a gentle peek at the guy behind the yellow feathers
- Review: ‘Far From the Madding Crowd’ a period-piece love quadrangle
- PyroFest boom means relocation to Worth Township’s Cooper’s Lake
- Umi does not disappoint to those looking for top-notch Japanese cuisine
Natrona Heights native helped bring ‘American Ninja Warrior’ to PittsburghBy Michael Machosky
Although we’re probably manufacturing more robots, apps and health-insurance plans these days, Pittsburgh remains the Steel City in the public mind. So it seems fitting that the Pittsburgh setting for …
- First Draft: Craft brewers rally to help one of their own rebuild
- Fashion FYI: Purse Party benefit brings designer bags to Station Square
- Memorial Day services honor the fallen in Pittsburgh area
- BodyTech health program at Carnegie Science Center to offer virtual tour of human body
Wigle Whiskey celebrates anniversary with its first-ever bourbonBy Bob Karlovits
Wigle Whiskey is entering the burgeoning bourbon market with a bit of Pennsylvania power. It’s all about the corn, you know. Wigle, headquartered in the Strip District, will officially unveil …
- Just ‘asking’ for your ‘fair share’
- Remembering Loyce Deen
- Is it really all our fault?
- Who is a journalist?
- The global gender gap in education
Honoring our fallen heroesBy The Rev. Lonnie E. Long
“From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion. ... This nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom.” — Abraham Lincoln The Gettysburg Address Nov. …