Former Republican House …
Former Republican House Speaker Dennis Hastert was paying an individual to conceal sexual misconduct, two law enforcement officials said Friday.See more
A Commonwealth Court …
A Commonwealth Court Judge ruled that Medicare Advantage enrollees on Highmark insurance plans will retain in-network access to UPMC at least until 2019.See more
Attorneys representing the …
Attorneys representing the Roman Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh in its fight against the Affordable Care Act said they will petition the U.S. Supreme Court.See more
The Steelers’ defense …
The Steelers’ defense lost quite a few key veterans — like Troy Polamalu and Ike Taylor — but the remaining players believe in the unit’s potential.See more
A Pittsburgh man …
A Pittsburgh man will spend up to 71⁄2 years in prison and must pay $4 million in restitution for bank fraud, Internet fraud and counterfeiting.See more
Storms knock out power to several hundred in Western Pa.By Michael Hasch 6:14 p.m.
Allegheny County is under a flash flood warning until 8:45 p.m. in the wake of brief but powerful …
Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potentialBy Mark Kaboly
Jarvis Jones doesn’t care what “outsiders” are saying about the Steelers’ defense. Lawrence Timmons thinks …
Inmate assaults Westmoreland County sheriff’s deputy at UPMC Presbyterian HospitalBy Katishi Maake 5:23 p.m.
An inmate under medical care at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital assaulted a Westmoreland County sheriff’s deputy Thursday afternoon, University …
- Storms knock out power to several hundred in Western Pa. 6:14 p.m.
- Judge dismisses UPMC ‘data breach’ lawsuit 5:22 p.m.
- Fitzgerald, Wagner agree to set aside feuding for sake of Allegheny County 4:50 p.m.
- 11 vying to temporarily fill Danko’s vacant seat on Allegheny County Council 5:31 p.m.
Roman Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh asking Supreme Court to hear caseBy Aaron Aupperlee 6:13 p.m.
Attorneys representing the Roman Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh in its fight against the Affordable Care Act said they will petition the U.S. Supreme Court on Friday to hear the case. …
- Brief lockdown lifted at Jeannette school after unfounded report of man with weapon 6:15 p.m.
- Inmate assaults Westmoreland County sheriff’s deputy at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital 5:23 p.m.
- North Huntingdon man injured, dog dies in house fire 4:56 p.m.
- Allegheny Intermediate Unit to distribute $530,000 in STEAM grants to 28 school districts
- Greensburg train station earns honor from Pittsburgh foundation
Juvenile status hearing, trial delayed in Franklin Regional stabbingsBy Rich Cholodofsky 5:31 p.m.
A Westmoreland County teen charged with trying to kill 20 classmates and a school security guard will next appear in court June 22. Westmoreland County Judge Chris Feliciani will hear …
- Chevron settles fatal shale well fire lawsuit, state claims for nearly $6M
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto works to smooth path for business ties with Cuba
- No end in sight for casino market saturation in northeastern U.S.
- Google adds HBO access, mobile payment to next version of Android
- Weak first-quarter economic report anticipated
Overhaul possible for West Mifflin’s Century III MallBy Chris Fleisher
The Century III Mall could be in for a dramatic makeover as the owner considers demolishing part of the complex to provide more retailers with outside entrances and bring in …
- Harkness’ witches, vampires take on life for readers
- Robillard, Buddy Guy, Marcia Ball to headline Pittsburgh Blues Festival
- Review: ‘Aloha’ feels like ‘goodbye’ to Cameron Crowe’s directing cred
- Movie review: ‘San Andreas’ just might move you
- ‘O’Sullivan Stew’ has kid cast as Theatre Factory play’s main ingredient
- Concert business booming at Heinz Field this summer
Western Pa. events set to honor Springdale environmentalist CarsonBy Matthew Zabierek
In commemoration of Rachel Carson’s 108th birthday, which fell on May 27, events are planned to celebrate the enduring legacy of the famed Springdale-born environmentalist. Advocacy though art A new …
- Fashion FYI: RAW: Pittsburgh brings Splendor to Millvale
- Comedian to headline Go Red for Women event in Pittsburgh
- OpenStreetsPGH events shut down city streets to free them up
- Ohio Township cake designer incorporates personal touch in creations
Women’s resale boutique in Ross channels profits to animal charitiesBy Kellie B. Gormly
Getting a friendly greeting from Dolly, the resident cat at a North Hills boutique, hints that something is different about this store. WearWoof is in the business of saving pets …
- Sorting out the Middle East mess
- Obama’s hot-air commencement address
- Decline of Christian America
- Scholarships to a brighter future
- Don’t scapegoat police officers
Iran: Liberals’ nightmareBy Jennifer Rubin
“France’s foreign minister says Iran wants 24 days before international inspectors could visit its nuclear sites in the event of a suspected violation of a deal with world powers over its atomic program.” That is an actual news item, not …