House Republicans are signalling …
House Republicans are signalling support for a budget deal that could avert another government shutdown and ease partisan rancor.See more
Pope Francis, on the …
Pope Francis, on the job for less than a year, beat out NSA leaker Edward Snowden as Time magazine’s Person of the Year.See more
A recently adopted plan …
A recently adopted plan to generate $2.3 billion a year for transportation could add more “capacity-adding projects” for PennDOT.See more
Pirates general manager Neal …
Pirates general manager Neal Huntington is searching for the right player and the right deal at MLB’s annual winter meetings.See more
A beloved holiday tradition …
A beloved holiday tradition celebrates a milestone this weekend when “The Nutcracker” is performed at Greensburg’s Palace Theatre.See more
Pittsburgh police investigating 2 overnight robberiesBy Tribune-Review 12:08 p.m.
Pittsburgh police are investigating reports of armed robberies Tuesday night in the city’s southern neighborhoods. A man with …
- Plumcreek fire victim identified 11:48 a.m.
- Vehicle hits house in Ross, 1 hurt 9:46 a.m.
Starkey: NHL stuck in stone ageBy Joe Starkey
James Neal’s suspension was far too light. Shawn Thornton’s will be, too, unless the NHL …
Mandela ceremony interpreter called a ‘fake’By The Associated Press 12:12 p.m.
JOHANNESBURG — A man who appeared to provide sign language interpretation on stage for Nelson Mandela’s memorial service, …
- Pope Francis is Time’s Person of the Year 11:18 a.m.
- Pittsburgh police investigating 2 overnight robberies 12:08 p.m.
- Pittsburgh Foundation makes urgent appeal to feed hungry 11:27 a.m.
- Man shot by Pennsylvania state police at Pittsburgh International Airport was key witness in Massachusetts murder trial
- Pittsburgh City Council OKs red-light cameras
Peduto announces revamped early retirement incentive programBy Margaret Harding 10:32 a.m.
A veto threat by the current mayor prompted Mayor-Elect Bill Peduto to announce a revamped early retirement incentive program on Wednesday. The new proposal is separate from the city’s pension plan and will not result in any enhancement of pension …
- Help on deck to help Jeannette deal with Monsour, nearby buildings
- Greensburg inks new deal with police chief
- Jeannette alerted to police costs
- Crash closes I-70 lanes for hours
- PSU students accused of intimidation
Blue Angels to perform at Westmoreland air showsBy Stacey Federoff
When visitors to the Westmoreland County Air Show look up at the sky over Unity in the next two summers, they’ll see familiar streaks of blue. The Blue Angels, the …
- Highmark health plan enrollment skyrockets from Healthcare.gov
- Consol acquires drilling rights from Dominion
- PNC plans to do away with tellers
- Barra breaks GM glass ceiling
- Fab Universal disputes kiosk claims; will restate earnings
Pace of enrollments on Healthcare.gov more than double, government saysBy Alex Nixon 9:06 a.m.
The number of people signing up for health insurance on Healthcare.gov and similar state websites surged last month, giving the Obama administration confidence that it will meet its goal of enrolling 7 million Americans in policies by the end of …
- Actor Gammon finds ‘The Middle’ an endearing place 10:34 a.m.
- Conductor promises ‘Holiday Pops’ to be ‘great fun’
- Review: Pittsburgh Irish & Classical Theatre delivers thrills in ‘Crucifer of Blood’ 10:34 a.m.
- Response to Fringe festival good so far; applications still being taken
Laurel Ballet company celebrates 20 years of ‘Nutcracker’ traditionBy Cynthia Bombach Helzel 11:01 a.m.
A beloved holiday tradition celebrates a milestone this weekend when the Laurel Ballet Performing Company and the Westmoreland Symphony Orchestra present “The Nutcracker” at The Palace Theatre in Greensburg. “This …
- Healthy Eating: Truffles without cream? Turn to chestnuts!
- The enduring story of Madeira wine is a rich, sweet one
- Quiche keeps the carbs and fat at bay
- Dinner in Minutes: Ketchup is surprise ingredient in pork entrée 10:55 a.m.
Christmas cookies excite with tropical flavors and chewy texturesBy Alison Ladman 11:42 a.m.
Brighten your holiday cookie trays with the flavors of summery fruits and flavors. These recipes are a great addition to your recipe collection. And, your family might find a new …
- Coming to grips with rise of the machines
- Hobby Lobby case goes to high court
- A flag on NFL’s gun policy
- Exclusive to the Trib: Verification is the elephant in the room in the Iranian nuke deal
- When is it enough? Pennsylvania takes another dive into taxpayers’ pockets
Reagan was right on S. AfricaBy Pat Buchanan
“Apartheid is an affront to human rights and human dignity. Normal and friendly relations cannot exist between the United States and South Africa until it becomes a dead policy. Americans are of one mind and one heart on this issue.” …