Meeting his former …
Meeting his former team in their Grapefruit League opener, the Blue Jays’ Russell Martin has “nothing but praise” for his old Pirates teammates.See more
Democratic Gov. Tom …
Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf on Tuesday proposed a more than $30 billion state budget built on a massive tax restructuring plan.See more
A Carnegie Mellon …
A Carnegie Mellon grad’s company makes it OK for kids to play with their food and even impressed those in the “Shark Tank.”See more
The Golden Triangle …
The Golden Triangle is America’s best downtown among small to midsized cities, according to a report by a Tennessee-based marketing company.See more
In separate trades, …
In separate trades, the Penguins moved defensemen Simon Despres and Robert Bortuzzo for former Penguin Ben Lovejoy and the Blues’ Ian Cole.See more
Man dies in fatal shooting in HomewoodBy Michael Hasch 9:29 p.m.
A man was shot and killed Tuesday in Homewood. Police were called at 7:19 p.m. for the report …
- Pedestrian struck in East Liberty 9:29 p.m.
Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammatesBy Rob Biertempfel 9:34 p.m.
DUNEDIN, Fla. — Nostalgia kept tugging at Russell Martin as he went through the free …
Netanyahu speech changes few minds in CongressBy Bloomberg News 9:43 p.m.
WASHINGTON — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech to Congress heightened partisan tensions and helped accelerate plans to …
- Lawrenceville man charged with rape, child pornography and 27 other sexual offenses 9:35 p.m.
- Man dies in fatal shooting in Homewood 9:29 p.m.
- Trial of bar owner accused of shooting cyclist in Allentown begins 9:35 p.m.
- Dormont Manager Naftal resigns to sidestep firing 9:35 p.m.
Pittsburgh police make command staff promotions, changesBy Megan Guza 9:49 p.m.
Promotions in the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police on Tuesday brought command staff changes in three zones as well as larger structural changes in the department. “The future is being formed …
- Shorthanded Latrobe police expect to add officer 9:00 p.m.
- Loyalhanna Agility Club teaches dogs new tricks 9:07 p.m.
- Zoning update raises fears in Ligonier Township
- Reputed major heroin trafficker in Westmoreland County pleads guilty, gets prison sentence
- Event gets new formal name: Shop ’n Save Westmoreland County Airshow, presented by Xcoal Energy & Resources in Latrobe
Spirit Airlines to add daily flights from Arnold Palmer airport to ChicagoBy Stacey Federoff 9:50 p.m.
Spirit Airlines will announce daily flights from Arnold Palmer Regional Airport to Chicago O’Hare International Airport on Wednesday, said airport authority board member Don Rossi. The announcement will be made at a press conference at the airport in Unity. The …
- Markets ‘flutter’ day after records 9:33 p.m.
- Oakland firm Qualaris Healthcare’s software saves time in hospitals
- Tax on shale-gas drillers would punish industry, Turzai says
- Lower tax rate to help Mylan extend buying spree
- PNC Bank to cut financing of mountaintop removal coal companies
Profit increases 12% at Dick’s Sporting GoodsBy Chris Fleisher 9:33 p.m.
Dick’s Sporting Goods wants to woo more women to its stores, hoping the growing market for athletic fashion will offset the waning sales in male-dominated activities such as golf and hunting. Women’s fitness apparel is playing an increasingly central role …
- So Many Questions: ‘Hart of Dixie’ actor Bill Parks enjoys the romance of small towns 9:00 p.m.
- New Ken’s Concrete Angels turn to paint to help fight cancer 9:00 p.m.
- Carnegie museums offering free admission 9:00 p.m.
- USA Network’s ‘Dig’ takes global approach 9:00 p.m.
Trafford native writes the book on early rock concertsBy Rege Behe 9:00 p.m.
Pat DiCesare is responsible for one of the greatest — if not the greatest — moment in Pittsburgh music history. When the Beatles performed Sept. 14, 1964, at the Civic …
- The Wine Cellar: When looking for value, don’t overlook Côtes-du-Rhône 9:00 p.m.
- A la carte: Lemons bring more flavor, less sodium 9:00 p.m.
- KitchenWise: Getting al dente right improves pasta dishes 9:00 p.m.
- Dinner in Minutes: Spanish fare gets light adaptation 9:00 p.m.
CMU grad’s FunBites make healthy food appeal to kidsBy Michael Machosky 9:00 p.m.
“Just take a bite — one bite,” says every parent ever, at some point. First bites are the hardest, particularly for parents of picky eaters. Bobbie Rhoads, a graduate of …
- Time to sever Greece from its EU lifeline 9:07 p.m.
- Is liberalism exhausted?
- Nemtsov’s murder a direct result of policy that demonized him
- Blaming the right again
- Europe must be pushed to fight the endemic scourge of anti-Semitism
Best or worst of times?By Pat Buchanan 9:07 p.m.
Last week, John Kerry seemed to be auditioning for the role of Dr. Pangloss. Despite jihadi violence across the Middle East and ISIS terror in Iraq and Syria, Kerry told Congress, we live in “a period of less daily threat …