UPMC on Wednesday …
UPMC on Wednesday accused rival Highmark Inc. of denying 154 claims for children undergoing treatment at UPMC-owned hospitals and clinics.See more
The Penguins traded …
The Penguins traded forward Marcel Goc to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for forward Maxim Lapierre, who offers a more physical style of play.See more
Federal cost overruns …
Federal cost overruns and delays helped keep a new National Weather Service satellite from launching in time to prevent gaps in long-range forecasting.See more
The National Transportation …
The National Transportation Safety Board issued a report calling for beefed up security measures to prevent natural gas pipeline accidents.See more
Harrison native Tom …
Harrison native Tom Henschel, 73, is among just three football fans in the United States who have attended every Super Bowl.See more
Officials knock out ‘Fight Nights’ in man’s Mercer Co. garageBy The Associated Press 5:06 p.m.
Police and zoning officials have shut down “Fight Nights” that a man holds in his Mercer County garage, …
Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ LapierreBy Josh Yohe 3:02 p.m.
Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford wants a tougher team. He traded forward Marcel Goc to …
Blizzard-stricken East digs out amid forecast 2nd-guessingBy The Associated Press
BOSTON — New Englanders savaged by a blizzard packing knee-high snowfall and hurricane-force winds began …
- Federal grand jury indicts man for violating poultry law while operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home 5:08 p.m.
- Wilkinsburg man killed in his apartment 4:04 p.m.
- Game Commission OKs deer culling in Mt. Lebanon 3:18 p.m.
- Final L.A.-to-Homewood drug ring suspect rounded up in Montana 4:39 p.m.
- Veterans Administration settles another Legionnaire’s lawsuit 3:24 p.m.
Highmark won’t pay medical claims for 150 children, UPMC saysBy Luis Fábregas 4:54 p.m.
UPMC on Wednesday accused rival Highmark Inc. of denying 154 claims for children undergoing treatment at UPMC-owned hospitals and clinics, a decision the health giant says violates a state-negotiated agreement. …
- Man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery 4:45 p.m.
- Ligonier Township residents voice concern to supervisors about new zoning ordinance
- Derry Township auto shop owner finds theft suspect hiding inside
- Salem man, in lockup in Greensburg shooting, charged with threatening to kill prison guard
- Youngwood advances grease trap ordinance
New Derry woman charged after mail delivery of 4 pounds of marijuanaBy Paul Peirce
A New Derry woman has been charged with multiple drug violations because authorities were tipped off that she was receiving packages of marijuana in the mail. Patricia E. Hancock, 42, is charged by Derry police with manufacturing and delivery of …
- Obamacare enrollment up in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania shale gas producers received hundreds of environmental citations in 4 years, PennEnvironment says
- Pipelines key to growth in shale industry
- Pittsburgh City Council unanimous in opposition to bill that would change how Pa. defines tax-exempt status
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch creates sports medicine startup at Pitt
SEC alleges BNY Mellon bribed foreign investors by handing internships to their relativesBy Chris Fleisher
Securities regulators are considering charges against Bank of New York Mellon, alleging that it violated federal bribery laws by giving internships to relatives of foreign officials to win business managing investments for their country. The bank disclosed in a regulatory …
- So Many Questions: Choreographer Melissa Barak enjoys sharing the creative process
- ‘Let It Snow’ filming in Millvale
- Pittsburgh-set ‘Me and Earl’ big at Sundance, gets distribution deal
- Romero’s son plans ‘Living Dead’ origins story
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre broadens range for seasonBy Mark Kanny
The increasing strength of Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre has emboldened artistic director Terrence Orr to offer up an ambitious range of dance for the company’s 2015-16 season. The company will perform …
- Chefs show their roots in Pittsburgh’s Food Pantry Brunch Challenge
- KitchenWise: Clams are so easy to cook, they tell you when they’re done
- The Wine Cellar: Festive libations celebrate Super Bowl regions
- Mushrooms are rich in nutrients and meaty flavor
Steelers will ‘Party With a Purpose’ at Super Bowl festivities in PhoenixBy Candy Williams
Chef Anthony Zallo is hoping his Pennsylvania Elk Meatballs will win over Steelers Nation West this weekend in Phoenix. He will be competing in the Taste of the NFL, one …
- Pittsburgh schools that work
- State of the Union gives false hope to entry-level employees
- Adding more fuel to racial fire
- Islam has been hijacked by Wahhabism
- Jews, outnumbered by Muslims, suffer under mob rule
The Persians are coming!By Pat Buchanan
“The Iranians are on the march,” warned John McCain Sunday. “Iran is building a new Persian Empire,” echoed Col. Ralph Peters. So alarmed is Speaker Boehner, he invited Bibi Netanyahu to come and challenge U.S. policy toward Iran from the …