A Penn Hills …
A Penn Hills couple previously described as missing were found dead, police said, and the woman’s son is in custody.See more
Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre …
Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury and defensemen Robert Bortuzzo and Olli Maatta are not feeling well and are being tested for mumps.See more
“Isolation has not …
“Isolation has not worked,” President Obama said today while announcing the re-establishment of diplomatic relations with Cuba.See more
A Taliban attack …
A Taliban attack that killed 132 children left Pakistan reeling, but the grief also united a nation vowing to fight back against terrorists.See more
As race relations …
As race relations with police dominate the national discussion, a Brentwood vigil remembered the death of Jonny Gammage 19 years ago.See more
Obama: U.S. re-establishing relations with CubaBy The Associated Press 1:43 p.m.
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama announced the re-establishment of diplomatic relations with Cuba on Wednesday …
Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new systemBy Jason Mackey
Paul Coffey’s son, Blake, is a 16-year-old defenseman and doesn’t exactly lack for someone to …
Pitt expert on Cuba supportive of U.S. resuming diplomatic relationsBy Debra Erdley 1:27 p.m.
The Obama administration’s announcement that talks will begin to resume diplomatic relations with Cuba after 53 years came …
- Ex-Pittsburgh mayoral candidate back in jail 1:40 p.m.
- Pitt expert on Cuba supportive of U.S. resuming diplomatic relations 1:27 p.m.
- Victim in Lincoln-Lemington bar shooting identified 11:03 a.m.
- Beware Fort Pitt Tunnel closures part of the day Wednesday 1:54 p.m.
Penn Hills couple dismembered in their home; son in custodyBy Margaret Harding 2:45 p.m.
Police sources say a Penn Hills couple previously described as missing are dead. The dismembered bodies were found in their Suncrest Drive home Tuesday, sources say. The home is listed …
- Westmoreland County judge denies appeal of convicted wife killer
- Jacobs Creek woman guilty in murder attempt
- Westmoreland Co. businessman concealed assets, federal jury decides
- Ligonier Township supervisors approve budget with no tax hike
- Former Westmoreland-Armstrong and Indiana chapter of Red Cross changes name
Westmoreland may sell two-thirds of fleet, start leasing in cost-saving planBy Rich Cholodofsky
Westmoreland County could soon sell off nearly two-thirds of its vehicle fleet. To replace them, county commissioners said Tuesday, they will vote on a proposal later this week to lease cars, trucks and other vehicles that are used by roads …
- 84 Lumber vice president McCrobie says company, housing market rebounding
- FedEx misses Street 2Q forecasts, but profit jumps 23 pct 1:48 p.m.
- Insurers give customers extra time to pay first month’s premium for 2015 under Obamacare
- Natural gas groups says increase in Pennsylvania taxes would bring dire results for economy
- FedEx to buy product-return firm Genco in e-commerce push
Harmar developer sells 15 hotels in Western Pa., West VirginiaBy Tom Fontaine 2:08 p.m.
A New York investment company has bought 15 hotels in Pennsylvania and West Virginia from a Harmar developer. Garrison Investment Group did not disclose terms of the deal with Harmar’s Kratsa Properties, which had owned and managed 12 hotels in …
- ‘Saving Private Ryan,’ ‘Lebowski,’ ‘Ferris Bueller’ chosen for National Film Registry
- ‘Gotham’ actor: Fear of being on thin ice motivates Penguin
- Westmoreland Symphony taps into excitement of holidays
- Brazilian steakhouse coming to former Saks site Downtown
- Review: ‘The Hobbit’ bows out with a slow-footed bang
- Sewickley-based writer encourages young readers to unearth the truth
Ross native Jamison not ‘The Voice,’ but he’ll pursue dreamBy Kellie B. Gormly 2:46 p.m.
Ross native Chris Jamison failed to grab the crown on the seventh season of “The Voice,” ending a three-month journey that included a few near-eliminations and endeared coaches and viewers …
- The Wine Cellar: 2 decades in the making, these fortified wines will brighten the holidays
- Pasta sauce of Castle Shannon’s Carbonara brothers captures Italy in jar
- KitchenWise: Cooking low and slow keeps a rib roast rare
- Hankering for comfort food? Consider the knish
- Mt. Lebanon couple’s website helps shoppers find that perfect gift
- Greensburg rabbi’s dreidel collection tops 600
Grand Concourse gingerbread village replicates Pittsburgh landmarksBy Kellie B. Gormly
Pittsburgh’s Grand Concourse restaurant has built a miniature model of Station Square, the North Shore and the Golden Triangle, all in gingerbread and other edibles. The restaurant’s first-ever gingerbread village …
- Universities need more conservatives 12:51 p.m.
- Thinking about torture
- Focus on defeating ISIS
- Obama’s preschool takeover
- Exclusive to the Trib: Foreign policy & the 2016 presidential race — Obama’s failures tell us what to avoid
The rise of PutinismBy Pat Buchanan
“Abe tightens grip on power as Japanese shun election.” So ran the headline of the Financial Times on the victory of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in Sunday’s elections. Abe is the most nationalistic leader of postwar Japan. He is rebooting …