A steady, seven-inning …
A steady, seven-inning outing from Francisco Liriano led to Pirates to an 8-4 win, securing their ninth sweep of the season.See more
Gov. Tom Wolf …
Gov. Tom Wolf on Thursday vetoed the first bill to clear the General Assembly establishing a privatized liquor system in Pennsylvania.See more
Longtime New Kensington …
Longtime New Kensington cobbler Gene Montemurro was robbed on Friday, and his friends and neighbors won’t tolerate it.See more
A foundation that …
A foundation that takes former military pilots in their twilight years and gives them wings once again stopped by Unity yesterday.See more
What better way …
What better way to spend the Fourth of July weekend than down at Point State Park or on our three rivers at the Three Rivers Regatta?See more
Pittsburgh sues state financial overseer to release gambling money it’s owedBy Bob Bauder 9:56 p.m.
Pittsburgh sued a state-appointed fiscal oversight authority on Thursday because it refused to meet Mayor Bill Peduto’s demand …
Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss poutsBy Rob Rossi 10:33 p.m.
It’s called a record. And the goalie in Jim Rutherford probably would have battled to …
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers 10:18 p.m.
- Hurricanes owner rips Rutherford, Penguins 10:17 p.m.
- Penguins sign defensive prospect 10:17 p.m.
Maria saying goodbye to ‘Sesame Street’By The Associated Press 9:09 p.m.
“Sesame Street” is about to be less A-OK. Sonia Manzano, who has played the role …
- July 4 road and river closures 10:28 p.m.
- Egypt unleashes assault by air, land 9:40 p.m.
- Wabash Tunnel to open to inbound, high-occupancy vehicles Saturday night 7:28 p.m.
- Pittsburgh sues state financial overseer to release gambling money it’s owed 9:56 p.m.
- July 4 road and river closures 10:28 p.m.
- Man who threatened to jump from bridge in custody 7:11 p.m.
Young Nebraska girl’s organs give 2 Pittsburgh-area boys a chance to liveBy Ben Schmitt 10:23 p.m.
Lauressa Swedberg smiled through her grief Thursday as she planned a funeral in Nebraska for her 3-year-old daughter, whose donated organs saved two lives in Pittsburgh. And two families rejoiced …
- Greensburg senior care center salutes veterans
- Marinucci again sentenced to life in prison with no parole
- Higher school taxes prevail in Western Pennsylvania, Trib finds
- Westmoreland Area Agency on Aging lends support to caregivers
- Greensburg’s Trinity United Church of Christ sprucing up
Group takes veterans, seniors in WWII-era planes at Unity airportBy Stacey Federoff
Florence “Shutsy” Reynolds climbed into the front seat of a blue-and-yellow 1940 Boeing Stearman biplane Wednesday at Arnold Palmer Regional Airport in Unity, the same type of plane she flew …
- Stocks end tumultuous week on down note 9:17 p.m.
- U.S. employers add 223K jobs, jobless rate falls to 5.3% 9:36 p.m.
- Gulf states reach $18.7B settlement with BP over oil spill
- H-D Advanced Manufacturing in Franklin Park buys aerospace components maker Firstmark
- Instances of hacking may be up, but indictments against Chinese military impactful, experts say
Kraft shareholders approve merger with HeinzBy Alex Nixon
Kraft Foods Group and H.J. Heinz Co. cleared the final obstacle to a marriage that will be challenged with boosting growth at a time when consumers seeking healthier products are increasingly turning away from packaged foods. The deal, approved Wednesday …
- Tickets on sale July 10 for Lady Antebellum at First Niagara 9:12 p.m.
- Jim Caviezel to be honored by Jimmy Stewart Museum 9:09 p.m.
- Review: ‘The Overnight’ swings into nuanced humor territory 9:10 p.m.
- Review: ‘Laurent’ barely cuts deep enough for real exam 9:11 p.m.
Pittsburgh native Burdell sticks to passion — bringing drumming to allBy Rege Behe 9:12 p.m.
Janelle Burdell’s career as a drummer was nearly over before it started. From an early age, she’d wanted to play the drums, and when she signed up for a music …
- Why rock the boat? Seafarer look is timeless and classic this time of year 9:13 p.m.
- Fashion FYI: National Bikini Day celebrates debut of two-piece suit 8:55 p.m.
- Homebrewers timid when choosing commercial styles 9:14 p.m.
- When it comes to walking, Pittsburgh’s Venture Outdoors has much to offer
Online groups curate collections of photos that highlight PittsburghBy Rachel Weaver 10:01 p.m.
Anyone looking to see what makes Pittsburgh so special needs only to open an app. Through their ’Burgh-centric Instagram accounts, amateur photographers are allowing the world to see their hometown …
- Same-sex marriage is only the beginning 9:25 p.m.
- Feeding the fed-ed Leviathan
- Quo vadis, America?
- Whoa, whoa, whoa ... It’s WOTUS
- The payoff for Iran
America truly is exceptionalBy Katie Pavlich 9:25 p.m.
“When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which …