A conflict between …
A conflict between states and the U.S. government over administering the health care law could mean higher premiums for millions of people.See more
City officials announced …
City officials announced plans to limit the rowdy behavior at this weekend’s country music concert at PNC Park featuring Jason Aldean.See more
Don Baumgarten’s 13 …
Don Baumgarten’s 13 years of leadership in Castle Shannon has earned him statewide distinction.See more
About 120 attended …
About 120 attended a McCandless Town Hall, many to voice their opposition to Wal-Mart’s plans to build a supercenter on Blazier Drive.See more
More than 100 …
More than 100 cultural and recreational groups are asking for $102.1 million in county money for next year.See more
Man shot and killed in HomewoodBy Michael Hasch 6:45 p.m.
A man who Pittsburgh police believe was a contractor was shot and killed Tuesday afternoon during a meeting …
Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ keyBy Rob Rossi
Francisco Liriano has one win. The Pirates have a whole bunch more, but given Liriano’s …
Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease casesBy Aaron Aupperlee 5:52 p.m.
Allegheny County health officials warned residents Tuesday to watch out for ticks because cases of …
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases 5:52 p.m.
- Pittsburgh officer honored for saving baby’s life 7:47 p.m.
- Castle Shannon mayor honored by statewide association
- Backlog of black lung claims grabs feds’ attention 7:33 p.m.
Officials to limit tailgating before Jason Aldean concert at PNC ParkBy Bob Bauder 7:36 p.m.
Jason Aldean is bringing his “Burn It Down” tour to PNC Park on Saturday, but officials plan to douse some of the rowdy behavior and littering that has plagued other …
- Entrapment, injury reported in Derry Township accident
- Westmoreland County Prison to start video visits
- Mt. Pleasant customers to see sewage bills increase
- Fayette City man shoots himself before police could take him into custody
- No foul play ruled in Westmoreland County train death
Derry Township assault suspect arrestedBy Jacob Tierney
A Derry Township man has been arrested for allegedly assaulting a woman repeatedly over five days and threatening to kill her in the same manner in which his daughter was …
- Federal appeals courts disagree on Obamacare subsidies 7:36 p.m.
- Allegheny Technologies reports 2Q loss despite higher sales 7:45 p.m.
- Gas pipeline issues challenge for producers, users
- TSA fee increase this week arrives with load of complaints
- U.S. companies report rising sales, employment in 2Q
Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device businessBy Alex Nixon
With a new name and private equity backing, Ci Medical Technologies Inc. is eyeing acquisitions to fuel its growth and solidify its transformation from consumer products to the medical device …
- Review: Strong dancing saves Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera’s ‘Cats’ from its aged self
- This ‘Maide Marian’ means business at Delmont’s Johnny Appleseed Children’s Theatre 5:32 p.m.
- Summerfest’s ‘Ariadne’ rides crest of superbly blended talents
- Review ‘Cage Variations,’ performed by Pittsburgh New Music Ensemble, takes the long way around a short subject
- Lake Street Dive goes down smooth at Hartwood Acres
- Save-the-map appeal generates $10K online to revitalize North Side artwork
Director hard at work on his latest video opera on Pittsburgh’s North SideBy Mark Kanny
Deep under the stage at the New Hazlett Theater on the North Side, Alexis Gideon has been hard at work on his new stop-action video opera, “The Crumbling.” Gideon, 33, …
- Wedding Clickers bridal show features ‘Yes to the Dress’ star Fenoli
- Tarentum’s Heritage Museum gets creative with drawing visitors
- Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix moves annual party to street in front of PNC Park
- Greensburg Art Center/Rowe Gallery exhibit features works by married couple
Mercer restoration company turns junk into repurposed treasureBy JoAnne Klimovich Harrop
This truck bed is for sleeping. With a queen-size mattress tucked inside the back of a 1956 Chevrolet, this vehicle won’t be driven again. But it’s available for someone who …
- A negotiation without end
- The face of illegal entitlement
- Republicans should neither sue nor impeach President Obama
- Hitting a nerve in Norway
- Shevardnadze helped peacefully end the Cold War
A cover-up by any other nameBy Katie Pavlich
At this point in Barack Obama’s presidency, it’s easy to see that the administration uses a well thought out playbook to address scandal after scandal. Stonewalling Congress and failing to hold people accountable are standard practices. But there’s another tactic …