A Virgin Galactic …
A Virgin Galactic space tourism rocket exploded Friday after taking off on a test flight, killing one person aboard and seriously injuring another.See more
After being on …
After being on the run for 48 days, Eric Frein is being held without bail in the fatal shooting of a Pennsylvania state trooper on Sept. 12See more
After harassing Andrew …
After harassing Andrew Luck last week, the Steelers’ defense is hoping to do the same against Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco.See more
Think Washington is …
Think Washington is a joke? So do the performers behind the Capitol Steps, a comedy troupe coming to the Byham Theater this weekend.See more
Pittsburgh native Michael …
Pittsburgh native Michael Keaton soars again, as Oscar buzz surrounds his role in “Birdman (or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance).”See more
Oakland man pleads guilty to smuggling drugs from MexicoBy Brian Bowling 8:57 p.m.
An Oakland man admitted Friday in federal court he had a friend in Toluca, Mexico, ship him two …
Fleury, Penguins too much for KingsBy Josh Yohe
The Penguins have endured much change during the past few months. One facet that firmly …
Winter on horizon means time to prep treesBy Deborah Weisberg 8:57 p.m.
Autumn means more than colorful leaves. It’s time to prepare trees for winter, and to …
- Fingerprint expert says defendant’s prints were on cyanide bottle 7:50 p.m.
- Authorities say North Side woman set home on fire for insurance money
- Oakland man pleads guilty to smuggling drugs from Mexico 8:57 p.m.
- Pitt renames building after retiring vice chancellor
Foundations’ deal to buy August Wilson Center could be in jeopardyBy Brian Bowling and Natasha Lindstrom 8:53 p.m.
A Downtown landmark appears to be headed to the auction block on Monday, a lawyer for the mortgage holder said Friday during a hearing on the August Wilson Center for African American Culture. “I have no reason to believe it’s …
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Trooper struck by SUV in East Huntingdon has ‘long road ahead of him’
- Friends take to social media to recall Herminie teen
- MAX Environmental fined for ordinance violations
- Derry Area energy costs expected to rise
Trial for accused Franklin Regional stabber delayed until at least MarchBy Rich Cholodofsky 7:29 p.m.
The attempted-murder trial for Alex Hribal, the Franklin Regional High School student accused of trying to kill 20 classmates and a security guard in April, has been postponed until at …
- Wall Street caps a wild month with a rally 9:01 p.m.
- Coal official: Number of W.Va. mining sites falls to 96
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Profit falls at vitamin retailer GNC Holdings in third quarter
- Mylan’s 3Q profit triples on strong U.S. sales
Court validates Highmark Medicare plan that excludes UPMCBy Alex Nixon
Highmark Inc. won a court ruling Thursday allowing it to exclude UPMC hospitals and doctors from some plans it sells to seniors. Commonwealth Court President Judge Dan Pellegrini denied a request by Attorney General Kathleen Kane and Gov. Tom Corbett’s …
- Review: Michael Keaton rises as washed-up ‘Birdman’
- Opera Theater of Pittsburgh vocal competition’s not over until best voice sings
- A&E notebook: City Theatre hires new managing director
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus brings ‘Built to Amaze’ marvels to Consol
- The 13 most iconic horror film characters from the silver screen
- DVD reviews: ‘Begin Again,’ ‘Wish I was Here’ and ‘Life of Crime’
Feeling refreshed, Pittsburgh’s Michael Keaton soars again with big roleBy Jake Coyle 8:59 p.m.
When Michael Keaton met Barack Obama shortly before Obama would become president, the then-senator had a question for the actor. “Why don’t you make more movies?” It’s a quandary that …
- Fashion FYI: Artisans return for 4th annual Positively Posh shopping fundraiser
- Bridges Wine Co. owner deemed Pittsburgh ripe for growth
- Venetian soup inspires mussels recipe
- Brussels sprouts grow into hipster moment
Halloween house decorators take things scariously in Western PennsylvaniaBy JoAnne Klimovich Harrop
These people dress up their homes for Halloween in a House Boo-tiful fashion. From fog machines to skeletons to clowns and pumpkins that talk, these decorators take this holiday “scariously.” …
- Reversing the Islamic threat 8:57 p.m.
- Extremes of power but not of numbers 8:57 p.m.
- November’s coming wars 8:57 p.m.
- Five myths about Halloween
- Tom Wolf’s $1 billion myth
Kansas campaign real or ruse?By Byron York 8:57 p.m.
The image some conservatives have of Greg Orman, the wealthy businessman running as an independent against veteran Republican Sen. Pat Roberts in Kansas, is that Orman is, in the words of a recent Weekly Standard story, a “vacuous cipher.” Based …