During a visit …
During a visit from the French president, Obama promised to stand with France against ISIS and other terror networks.See more
NATO called an …
NATO called an emergency meeting after a Turkish fighter jet shot down a Russian counterpart, angering the Syrian ally.See more
A bowl destination …
A bowl destination is at stake for the Pitt football team in its regular-season finale against visiting Miami.See more
The Obama administration …
The Obama administration takes a fresh swing at combating strong resistance to the United States’ accepting more Syrian refugees.See more
Low gas prices …
Low gas prices are encouraging more travelers across Western Pennsylvania to hit the road over the Thanksgiving holiday.See more
Open records office orders Mt. Lebanon to release deer cull emailsBy Rick Wills 8:49 p.m.
The state open records office on Tuesday ordered Mt. Lebanon to release emails that identify residents who allowed …
- Arrest made in West End bank robbery 7:06 p.m.
Penn State coach Franklin calls for patienceBy Bob Cohn 9:02 p.m.
In the wake of scalding social media criticism after last week’s 28-16 loss to Michigan, …
Chicago cop charged with murder in killing of black teenBy The Associated Press
CHICAGO — A white Chicago police officer who shot a black teenager 16 times was …
- Vatican puts 5 on trial for leaks 7:16 p.m.
- Open records office orders Mt. Lebanon to release deer cull emails 8:49 p.m.
- Pittsburgh police chief limits chases, orders review of policy
- Pedestrian critical after being struck by truck in the West End Circle 9:00 p.m.
- Pitcairn cable, Internet rates likely going up $5 each in January
FBI searches for suspect in Homestead bank robberyBy Tribune-Review 9:00 p.m.
A man claiming he had a bomb robbed a Homestead bank Tuesday, authorities said. The robber, described as a white man with a thin build, light brown or dirty blond …
- Hempfield man fights off intruders
- Bill to name interchange for fallen Youngwood firefighter advances
- Salvation Army raises goals for Red Kettle campaigns in Westmoreland
- Trio of concerts to mark Greensburg’s holiday season
- Westmoreland County Judge Regoli has 5 days to decide on whether he’ll ask for recount
Witnesses recount Franklin Regional stabbingBy Renatta Signorini 8:14 p.m.
Teacher James Passarelli was trying desperately to keep a stabbed Franklin Regional student alive on the floor of his science classroom on the day Alex Hribal was charged with going …
- Stocks shake off Middle East tensions, drop in consumer confidence 8:18 p.m.
- Hedge fund Elliott Management grabs 6.4 percent stake in Alcoa
- Cheaper gas expected to boost Thanksgiving travel
- Pfizer acquires Allergan in $160B deal
- Existing-home sales fall 3.4% in October
Powder metals fabricator Atlas Pressed Metals diversifies appeal to customersBy David Conti
When Atlas Pressed Metals was a young company, it was forced to look beyond automakers that buy about three-quarters of the parts made by the powder metals industry for business. …
- Toonseum’s ‘Art of 007’ exhibit captures the style of James Bond
- 1D wins big at AMAs, Dion pays tribute to Paris victims
- ‘Silver to Steel’ exhibit celebrates Pittsburgh-based industrial designer
- Building by building, we lose our history
Boston couple deliver fresh, seasonal cuisine at Hampton’s Hartwood RestaurantBy Joyce Hanz
Nestled among the woods of suburban Hampton Township on Harts Run Road is Hartwood Restaurant and Whispers Pub — originally the headquarters of Harmar Coal Co. If you haven’t experienced …
- Guests channel the ’60s for Carnegie Museum of Art’s ‘Mad Men & Martinis’ party
- Awards given for Southwestern Pennsylvania Council for the Arts Regional Juried Art Exhibition
- Road Trip! Destination: Chicago
- Cooking Class: Fresh Pumpkin Risotto at the Tin Front Cafe
- Penn State New Ken’s COMETS program helps girls tap aptitude for science
- A few easy steps will keep deer away
St. Anne Home in Greensburg holds 19th annual Harvest of BlessingsBy Dawn Law
St. Anne Home in Greensburg celebrated the season Nov. 21 at the 19th annual Harvest of Blessings. The dinner and auction extravaganza was held at the Fred Rogers Center at …
- Free speech for me — & for thee 9:00 p.m.
- Answering the ISIS threat
- Don’t trust Obama on Syrian refugees
- Rise of the ‘Refujihardis’
- Stop the bleeding
Will Europe man up?By Pat Buchanan 9:00 p.m.
If the purpose of terrorism is to terrify, ISIS had an extraordinary week. Brussels, capital of the EU and command post of mighty NATO, is still in panic and lockdown. “In Brussels, fear of attack lingers” was Monday’s headline over …