A group of …
A group of Pittsburghers gather with candles to honor the homeless who died on the streets of Pittsburgh in 2014.See more
Defensive end Cam …
Defensive end Cam Heyward spearheaded perhaps the defense’s best performance this season in the Steelers’ win over the Chiefs Sunday.See more
Old-school booksellers in …
Old-school booksellers in Western Pennsylvania are learning ways to survive and thrive in the digital age.See more
One is a …
One is a pit bull, the other a chihuahua. Steve Downie and Bobby Farnham are playing with an edge few Penguins have had in recent years.See more
The “earlier” came …
The “earlier” came to light in modern times when British art dealer Hugh Blaker found it in 1911 in a country house in southwest England.See more
North Korea experiencing severe Internet outagesBy The Associated Press 3:35 p.m.
WASHINGTON — North Korea experienced sweeping and progressively worse Internet outages extending into Monday, with one computer expert …
- Blues-rock singer Joe Cocker dead at 70 3:29 p.m.
- 1 person stabbed in South Connellsville 3:05 p.m.
Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFCBy Rob Rossi
History will show that about 4,000 presumed Pittsburghers picked something else over the Steelers on …
Blues-rock singer Joe Cocker dead at 70By The Associated Press 3:29 p.m.
NEW YORK — British singer Joe Cocker, whose had hits that included “You Are So …
- 8 Western Pennsylvania municipalities receive state grants to upgrade traffic signals 3:09 p.m.
- Judge holds for trial 1 charge of theft against Pittsburgh homicide detective 3:12 p.m.
- Police arrest 3 in Lincoln-Lemington following shooting 1:23 p.m.
- Audit of Allegheny County Jail health provider says money being wasted 3:19 p.m.
Allegheny Health Network announces collaboration with Johns HopkinsBy Adam Smeltz 3:21 p.m.
The seven-hospital Allegheny Health Network and Johns Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore have set an expansive 10-year agreement to collaborate on research, patient care and group purchasing, among other partnerships, the organizations announced Monday. North Shore-based Allegheny Health expects to save …
- Norwin band director is finding lots of success in return to his alma mater
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- North Huntingdon residents warned about vehicle break-ins
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
Project to tear down former Jeannette District Memorial Hospital on schedule, Excela saysBy Tribune-Review
Demolition work at the former Jeannette District Memorial Hospital is wrapping up. “We are about at the end of what we are able to do,” said Robin Jennings, spokeswoman for …
- Marcellus driller Vantage Energy to pay nearly $1M for Greene County well problems 2:27 p.m.
- 2 states, 2 different conclusions about fracking
- Pittsburgh’s Hill District revitalization project hits financial hurdle in TIF
- New York farmers lament lost opportunity for natural gas riches with fracking ban
- Coal mines near record low in worker deaths
Old-school booksellers learn to survive, thrive in digital ageBy Andrew Conte
John Schulman didn’t think much of the Internet back in the early 1990s, when he and his wife opened Caliban Book Shop in Pittsburgh. He still has reservations about the …
- Old-school booksellers learn to survive, thrive in digital age
- ‘Collector’ exhibit shows another side of famed photographer Michals
- Madonna releases 6 songs after leak
- Marsalis, Greene deliver albums of beauty, depth
Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality showBy Matthew Santoni
The viewing party for Sunday’s episode of “Undercover Boss” erupted in laughter when Mayor Bill Peduto appeared in disguise as “Ed,” a Kentucky native allegedly trying on jobs for a …
- Throughout the year, Pittsburgh’s sartorial winners inspire closet envy
- Audience chimes in during Westmoreland Symphony’s Home for the Holidays concert
- Service with a smile: Win at gift-giving with in-home indulgences
- Road Trip! Destination: Zanesfield, Ohio
- Allegheny Valley Hospital volunteers give back, get rewards
- Crate dishes up a menu perfect for any occasion
New Swash machine touted as option for in-home garment careBy JoAnne Klimovich Harrop
Tired of regular trips to the dry cleaner? Just Swash it. The Swash machine, created through a collaboration between Procter & Gamble and Whirlpool, is a product you can buy …
- Going fuzzy on Cuba
- Jonathan Gruber should have been Time’s Person of the Year
- Great gifts for readers
- In Thailand, a complimentary view of America
Chamber of Commerce’s water boyBy Michelle Malkin
Allow me to unite America’s left, right and center in just three words: No, Jeb, No. Former GOP Florida Gov. Jeb Bush made the obvious official last week when he announced on Facebook that he’s “actively exploring” a 2016 White …