With more than …
With more than 34,000 registered runners, the Pittsburgh Marathon snaked through 13 neighborhoods Sunday morning.See more
Kenyan Stephen Njoroge …
Kenyan Stephen Njoroge won the Pittsburgh Marathon on Sunday, while American Clara Santucci won the women’s race for the second straight year.See more
After a week …
After a week of racially charged strife in Baltimore, black Pittsburghers say they can relate to flashpoints such as Freddie Gray’s death.See more
As their tax …
As their tax bases shrink, small-town police departments in Pennsylvania must resort to fundraising, part-timers or mergers to stay viable.See more
Two Pittsburgh nonprofit …
Two Pittsburgh nonprofit foundations benefited substantially from cash infusions from the estate of late Tribune-Review publisher Dick Scaife.See more
Kennywood to review park security, following fightBy Tony Raap 3:24 p.m.
Officials at Kennywood Park are reviewing security procedures following a large scuffle Saturday night that forced the amusement …
- Remains discovered in Beaver County park 4:47 p.m.
- Jeannette man killed in Hempfield crash 1:24 p.m.
Santucci repeats as Pittsburgh Marathon winner; Njoroge wins men’s raceBy Karen Price 2:40 p.m.
Two out of three wasn’t bad for 2015 Pittsburgh Marathon women’s winner Clara Santucci on …
Monroeville girl won’t let optic tumor steal her winning attitudeBy Chris Togneri
One year ago, a little girl waited for her mom at the finish line. Kelsey …
- Some residents return to Wilkins apartments after fire 4:10 p.m.
- Feds settle claim of excessive force filed by Braddock man 1:12 p.m.
- Kennywood to review park security, following fight 3:24 p.m.
- High-end housing focus alienates needy
Marathon takes over streets of PittsburghBy Bill Vidonic 4:45 p.m.
In a little more than two hours the Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon had its winners Sunday, and thousands of runners had the satisfaction of mastering if not all, then …
- Accident, backup closes eastbound lanes of turnpike 4:48 p.m.
- State approves permits for gas-fueled electrical generating plant in South Huntingdon
- One-car crash knocks out power in Southwest Greensburg
- Homeowner’s quick thinking limits damage in Derry Twp. blaze
- Motorcyclist hurt in Ligonier Twp. collision
Jeannette man killed in Hempfield crashBy The Tribune-Review 1:24 p.m.
A Jeannette man was pronounced dead at the scene of a one-car crash Saturday in Hempfield. David R. Kavar, 26, died in the accident that occurred at 8:58 p.m. on Penn-Adamsburg Road, when Kavar’s 1998 Acura Integra slammed into a …
- Buffett fires back at unusual criticism as he marks 50 years at helm of Berkshire Hathaway
- U.S. offshore wind energy slow to start
- Hamburger U schools bosses in McDonald’s
- Analysts: Tech boom is no dot-com bubble
- What Nasdaq’s record territory means for 401(k)s
Finding funding can be hard for ‘social enterprises’By Katelyn Ferral
When Corinne Clinch found an efficient way to bring cheap drinking water to victims of natural disasters, she debated whether to do it through a nonprofit organization or for-profit company. …
- Sweetwater photo exhibit shows images don’t have to reflect real life
- Conti: Architect deserves more note for eclectic mark made on Pittsburgh
- Review: Documentary filmakers’ memoir gives backstage peek at stars
- Apollo Historical Society will honor Nellie Bly at 151st birthday celebration
- Review: Gorgeous writing gives power to flat, rushed novel ‘The Children’s Crusade’
- Chinese dance helps promote cultural connections
May the 4th, Star Wars Day, builds excitement for new movieBy Joe Wos
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away … Perhaps it only seems like a long time ago. It’s been 32 years since we last saw Luke, Leia, …
- Road Trip! Destination: Fredicksburg, Va.
- Don’t limit pesto to basil
- Banana cream pie can be a celebratory food for spring
- Walliser: Sawfly larva knows what it likes
- Tour highlights diversity of Bellevue attractions
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with food, music, festivities
Exec’s Hempfield home boasts insider’s advantageBy Bob Karlovits
From the pool in the backyard to Brazilian granite in the kitchen, customized touches highlight Billy Snoddy’s home. “We built it for our kids and for the family,” says Snoddy, …
- Whack ‘em!: Evan chimpanzees know what do with privacy-invading drones
- Who creates jobs? (Pssst! Not government!)
- Egypt’s judiciary is a willing participant in repression
- How right was Joe McCarthy?
Return of the ReformiconsBy Morton Kondracke
Last year, a group of mainly young conservative intellectuals made a splash with a document titled “Room to Grow,” attempting to outline policies that would address the problems, anxieties and …