A man and …
A man and a woman were fatally shot this morning after witnesses heard multiple gunshots in the Parnassus section of the city.See more
Connellsville City Council …
Connellsville City Council passed the first read of what some residents believe is a long-overdue law to combat blight.See more
Despite the return …
Despite the return of MVP Andrew McCutchen, the fast-fading Pirates are rocked by the Atlanta Braves at PNC Park.See more
A federal grand …
A federal grand jury that heard testimony from former Mayor Luke Ravenstahl’s aides wraps up its work with no public indictments.See more
Five fine-dining establishments …
Five fine-dining establishments from Pittsburgh will vie for the title at this weekend’s Taste of the Championships.See more
2 dead in New Kensington shootingBy Tribune-Review 11:45 a.m.
A man and woman are dead following a shooting in New Kensington this morning, said …
Rossi: Blount brings back Steelers’ swaggerBy Rob Rossi
Way back in Mike Tomlin’s first season, he received a text message from a player …
111-year-old from Japan recognized as oldest manBy The Associated Press
TOKYO — A 111-year-old retired Japanese educator who enjoys poetry has been recognized as the …
TribLIVE Sports Videos
- Judge imposes gag order in Pittsburgh case that sparked protest 12:24 p.m.
- Fight over August Wilson Center triggers series of legal skirmishes 11:20 a.m.
- All Pittsburgh Public Schools students to get free lunches starting this year 11:26 a.m.
- Victims sue Oakdale bar, gunman, mother in fatal shooting 10:08 a.m.
Lightning causes 2 fires as storm rattles Western Pa.By The Associated Press 10:04 a.m.
Investigators believe lightning strikes may have caused a house and a van to catch fire in Pittsburgh as intense early morning storms rumbled through the area. Emergency officials say the house was struck about 3:55 a.m. Firefighters arrived to find …
- Mt. Pleasant police chief Ober retires
- Western Pa. Operation Nighthawk traffic patrol yields 38 arrests
- Lawyer claims medical issues kept Sewickley Township man from contempt hearing 9:15 a.m.
- Monessen man’s homicide trial set
- Former Jeannette man sentenced for claw hammer attack
New Stanton to craft comprehensive plan to prove borough ‘more than’ turnpike exitBy Jacob Tierney 9:15 a.m.
New Stanton Council President Scott Sistek said he wants the community to be seen as more than just a stop off of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The borough is working with the Westmoreland County planning department on a comprehensive plan to …
- Sales, profit fall at retailer American Eagle Outfitters 11:57 a.m.
- Kennametal’s CEO to retire at yearend
- Dick’s beats expectations, but golf sinks profits
- Upbeat earnings, housing reports pump up stock market
- Designer sues Barnes & Noble over backpack profits
Cash stash bolsters U.S. SteelBy John D. Oravecz
Cost cuts are not the only savings U.S. Steel Corp. CEO Mario Longhi is using to battle the company’s slump. Longhi has stashed nearly $1.5 billion in cash in the …
- So Many Questions: Howie Mandel wants people to get the AFib facts
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra makes ‘great strides’ financially, audit shows 10:46 a.m.
- Duet for life: Allegheny Township’s Suzy and Byron draw strength from music ministry
- Murals give youngsters chance to shine, memorialize Pittsburgh playwright
Pittsburgh restaurants vie for title at Taste of the ChampionshipsBy JoAnne Klimovich Harrop 10:12 a.m.
They won’t be swinging from parallel bars or trying to stay upright on a 4-inch-wide balance beam, but some local chefs will be involved in a competition of their own …
- Wine Cellar: Late-August foods require a certain type of wine
- Bartenders are discovering some inventive ways to use craft brews
- Alfresco Italian Garden Dinner fundraiser highlights local fare
- Healthy Eating: Corn adds sunny side to dinner omelet with salmon
- Visit Pittsburgh continues to draw groups to town
- Pittsburgh Creative Arts Festival will teach crafts, skills, history
Latrobe again plays host to Great American Banana Split CelebrationBy Cynthia Bombach Helzel
Banana-split lovers will be able to get their fill this week at the second annual Great American Banana Split Celebration in downtown Latrobe. The dessert was invented in the city …
- Are we ready for another Revolution?
- America’s selective libertarians
- Pennsylvania families are caught in a game of cronies
- Our K Street president
- Busting Social Security myths
Is Ferguson our future?By Pat Buchanan
“America is on trial,” said the Rev. Al Sharpton from the pulpit of Greater St. Mark’s Family Church in Ferguson, Mo. At issue, the shooting death of Michael Brown, Saturday a week ago, on the main street of that city …