“We were pretty …
“We were pretty bad,” forward Craig Adams said about the Penguins’ 4-2 loss to Carolina Friday. “We got what we deserved.”See more
Retailers reported strong …
Retailers reported strong store traffic on the traditional start to the holiday shopping season as bargain hunters sought Black Friday deals.See more
Neighborhoods throughout the …
Neighborhoods throughout the region are conducting tours of old and new homes decorated for the holidays in a range of styles.See more
An overnight storm …
An overnight storm caused crashes that shut down several highways, including parts of the Parkway West, early Friday, as shoppers hit the road for Black Friday.See more
Pennsylvania’s law banning …
Pennsylvania’s law banning texting while driving is challenging for police to enforce, but not tough enough to qualify for federal money to help them.See more
No decision yet on charges against elderly driver who struck and killed pregnant womanBy Margaret Harding 8:51 p.m.
Pittsburgh police have not charged the elderly driver who fatally struck a pregnant woman in a North Side …
Sloppy Penguins fall to HurricanesBy Jason Mackey 10:24 p.m.
Give the Penguins this: They found consistency on home ice. Of course, a 4-2 loss …
Police say Thanksgiving to year’s end worst time of year for drunken drivingBy Rick Wills 10:06 p.m.
The holiday with the worst reputation for impaired driving is New Year’s Eve. Image isn’t always reality, say …
- No decision yet on charges against elderly driver who struck and killed pregnant woman 8:51 p.m.
- UPMC researcher died of acute cyanide poisoning, medical examiner says 9:21 p.m.
- Witnesses help identify 2nd teen charged in killing Hill District man 10:10 p.m.
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa. 10:22 p.m.
Salvation Army in W.Pa. uses social media campaignBy Bill Vidonic 9:10 p.m.
The Salvation Army this year introduced the social media campaign #RedKettleReason, urging people to share online stories about why they donated money to the agency. The Northside Food Pantry is …
- Aerobics center offers services to Greensburg VFD
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at stationBy Bob Stiles
At the corner of South Second and Chestnut streets in Youngwood, firefighters will pause to remember, maybe shed a tear and honor one of their own next weekend. On Dec. …
- Use credit wisely while holiday shopping 10:10 p.m.
- Energy stocks ‘hammered’ as crude oil tumbles 9:28 p.m.
- OPEC decision on crude sets small producers on perilous path, analysts say 10:18 p.m.
- Change in Freddie, Fannie policy eases buy-backs of foreclosed homes 10:12 p.m.
- October mine inspections result in 127 citations
Earlier openings make Black Friday shopping easier for bargain-huntersBy Chris Fleisher 9:31 p.m.
Black Friday crowds were unlike any Kerry Capelli has seen in the 17 years she has made the traditional day-after-Thanksgiving trip to stores looking for bargains — they appeared to …
- Ryan says journalism, fiction ways to tell story
- Phipps holiday show is flowery winter wonderland
- Why the Oscars need more movies like ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay’
- ‘Streetcar’ follows track of well-worn period atmosphere
- Hot Ticket: ‘An Ozark Country Christmas’ dinner and show
- Hot picks: Jazzman Kevin Howard, Trey Anastasio Band
Book details Steelers’ history in black and whiteBy Bob Karlovits
Art Rooney Jr. and Peter West had a few goals for their book of drawings on the Pittsburgh Steelers, but profit was not one of them. “Art says he doesn’t …
- Homework: Gifts and Greens Market is Dec. 4-6
- Fashion FYI: Wearable art open house set in Jeannette
- Holidays are perfect for a fresh take on wearing sequins
- Holiday greeting cards benefit charities
- Pittsburgh restaurants deliver the art of charcuterie
- Leftovers feed excitement at Franktuary’s brunch
Homes for the holiday: Christmas house tours aboundBy Cynthia Bombach Helzel
Neighborhoods throughout the region are conducting tours of old and new homes decorated for the holidays in a range of styles to suit every taste. • The Freeport Christmas House …
- Inside the National Cathedral ‘prayer service’ 8:57 p.m.
- Hold the phony ‘applause’ 8:57 p.m.
- Moral confusion in Ferguson 8:57 p.m.
- Stay spiritual
- ‘Certain’ IPCC is wrong
Fewer Dems to fight for ObamaCareBy Byron York 8:57 p.m.
There were 60 Democrats in the Senate on Christmas Eve 2009 when they voted in lockstep to pass the Affordable Care Act. Soon there will be 46 Democrats in the Senate, or perhaps 47 if Sen. Mary Landrieu manages to …