For some, Thanksgiving …
For some, Thanksgiving 2014 is a day of grateful reflection on life-changing events and extraordinary gifts from nowhere.See more
“My finish line …
“My finish line is June.” Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford expects to make some moves to strengthen the team’s forward depth.See more
Vicki Olexa has …
Vicki Olexa has kept the turkey-raising tradition of Helon Farm in Washington Township, which started raising turkeys in 1950, alive and well.See more
Three families welcomed …
Three families welcomed new additions in Westmoreland County, bringing the number of children adopted this year in the county to 32.See more
Untested rookies Dri …
Untested rookies Dri Archer and Josh Harris are the Steelers’ only active options at running back, should Le’Veon Bell go down on Sunday.See more
Firefighters extinguish fire that damages 6 cabs at Yellow Cab Co.By Melissa Daniels 3:33 p.m.
A fire damaged six cabs Thursday at Yellow Cab Company’s headquarters on Beaver Avenue in …
- Boyce Park to open ski season Friday 2:39 p.m.
Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career pointsBy Jason Mackey
Blake Comeau didn’t complain, but he also didn’t agree with the Columbus Blue Jackets’ assessment …
Reading’s ‘ugly’ Christmas tree getting single red bulbBy The Associated Press 2:46 p.m.
READING — A much-maligned public Christmas tree is getting the Charlie Brown treatment. Officials in …
- Queen of crime writing P.D. James dies at 94 12:04 p.m.
- Firefighters extinguish fire that damages 6 cabs at Yellow Cab Co. 3:33 p.m.
- Turkey Trot runners turn out to burn calories despite chilly Pittsburgh temps 2:10 p.m.
- Boyce Park to open ski season Friday 2:39 p.m.
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant womanBy Natasha Lindstrom 2:59 p.m.
Pittsburgh police on Thursday identified the driver of a van that struck and killed a pregnant woman who was sitting in a North Side pharmacy parking lot. Authorities said driver …
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Trib kicks off annual effort to help feed families for Christmas
- New Kensington homicide suspect faces trial on tampering charge
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignantBy Craig Smith 1:26 p.m.
As we gather today to offer thanks for all that we have, there are those among us who will hug a little longer, shake hands a little harder and listen …
- Federal agency checking whether Highmark has enough doctors in Medicare plan
- Amusement parks fight off home entertainment threat
- S&P 500 logs 47th record high close for year
- Caution creeps into economic picture as consumer, business spending taper
- Retailers that won’t open on Thanksgiving hope move pays off
Western Pa. business owners urge shoppers to think smallBy Chris Togneri
Stepping inside Attic Record Store in Millvale is like stepping into the past. And not just because they specialize in musical nostalgia that comes in the form of vinyl records …
- Cosby made deal with National Enquirer to spike accuser’s story in 2005
- Hot picks: Jazzman Kevin Howard, Trey Anastasio Band
- Pittsburgh Symphony performance gives new meaning to ‘comedy classic(al)’
- ‘Charlie Brown’s Christmas’ reminder of holiday message
- James Taylor coming to Consol on Nov. 29
- Review: ‘Newsies’ a great addition to musical standards
Hot Ticket: ‘An Ozark Country Christmas’ dinner and showBy Tribune-Review
Producers Jude and Shirley Pohl will salute the long-running TV show “Hee Haw” with their latest show, “An Ozark Country Christmas.” Building on the success of a similar show they …
- Holiday greeting cards benefit charities
- Dining news: Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport names new executive chef
- Life is Sweet can brighten up many a dark, dull day
- North Huntingdon restaurant owners want to ‘give you that little bit above and beyond’
- Leftovers feed excitement at Franktuary’s brunch
- Bars bulge at the seams night before Thanksgiving
Pittsburgh restaurants deliver the art of charcuterieBy Tribune-Review
They are the perfect choice for an appetizer to share. Charcuterie offerings have been around for a long time but have really taken off in the past three years, says …
- Hagel didn’t start the fire
- Goal of political process is not to create a government that works
- Blatant misuse of union dues
- Obama’s next mass pardon
- Giving thanks can be a challenge
Free speech can be shield or a sword, as Cosby furor showsBy Gene Policinski
Bill Cosby’s career has been deeply rooted in the possibilities and protections provided by freedom of speech. The legendary comedian and actor’s career began with landmark comedy routines in which he tackled sensitive racial subjects. He was the first black …