A play that …
A play that didn’t even count in last year’s season finale has Steelers running back Josh Harris full of confidence in training camp.See more
Matthew Clifford of …
Matthew Clifford of Polish Hill has converted a truck into a no-cost store and drop-off location that’s also part social experiment and art project.See more
Columnist Rob Rossi …
Columnist Rob Rossi says Pirates GM Neal Huntington didn’t make any splashy moves at the MLB trade deadline, but his smaller deals improved the team.See more
Reports of venomous …
Reports of venomous snake bites are on the rise in Western Pennsylvania, as 10 people have been treated in the past two weeks.See more
Shadyside’s Roslyn Place …
Shadyside’s Roslyn Place is one of the country’s few remaining exposed-wood streets, and residents are working to secure it a historic designation.See more
Mercer Co. woman charged in husband’s shooting deathBy Ben Schmitt 6:30 p.m.
A Mercer County woman was charged with first-degree murder Saturday in the shooting death of her husband. Sharon …
Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he playedBy Chris Adamski
For almost a decade, Joey Porter helped define the signature position of the post-Chuck Noll …
St. Barnabas 5K provides various reasons to runBy Wynston Wilcox 5:16 p.m.
The 24th annual St. Barnabas 5K took place at 9 a.m. Saturday, and for the …
- Suspects in SWAT incident in Pittsburgh identified
- Fire heavily damages Hill District apartment building 6:29 p.m.
- Pittsburgh police motorcycle officer seriously injured in crash 5:03 p.m.
- 2 men wounded in Hill District drive-by shooting
2 killed in single-vehicle crash in PittsburghBy Alex Nixon
Two people were killed early Saturday in a single-vehicle crash that closed Second Avenue in Pittsburgh’s Uptown neighborhood, according to police. The accident occurred about 2:15 a.m. when a Dodge Charger heading east crashed into a support column at an …
- Motorcyclist injured in Sewickley Township 7:43 p.m.
- Judge denies former New Alexandria tree trimmer another chance
- Heroin suspect out of Westmoreland County jail on $100K bond
- Monessen home invasion ‘ringleader’ denied leniency
- Ligonier Valley YMCA project in public phase
Red Onion reunion possibly the last for Hempfield coal mining villageBy Joe Napsha
For 38 years, current and former residents of Red Onion — the nickname for the Hempfield coal mining village of Haydenville — gathered to reminisce with family and friends. The …
- FirstEnergy to build coal waste processing facility in Beaver County
- ATI to benefit from WTO ruling against China in steel case
- $2-per-gallon gas expected by year’s end, but not in Western Pa.
- Trib 30 index slips in July; 29 percent drop makes ATI biggest loser
- Weak earnings drag energy sector lower
Small business hangs on fate of Export-Import BankBy Chris Fleisher
Some oil and gas projects being built in the Middle East and Asia could mean $100 million in revenue and dozens more jobs for Aquatech. CEO Venkee Sharma is confident …
- Pittsburgh Glass Center exhibits new wares that reinterpret antiquities 8:03 p.m.
- Architecture: Visionaries saw buildings but not the political surroundings 8:06 p.m.
- Former Steeler Mendenhall relishes writing for HBO’s ‘Ballers’ 8:06 p.m.
- Reviews: Albums celebrate the stylistic differences of piano trios 8:03 p.m.
- How a rebellious frat boy became Dr. Seuss
- Review: ‘Oregon Trail’ relives migration that helped settle America’s West
East Liberty native steps off Broadway to bring ‘Kinky Boots’ homeBy Alice T. Carter 8:03 p.m.
After 23 years in professional theater, five Broadway shows, three single albums and multiple performances of his first one-man show, Billy Porter’s performance as Lola in “Kinky Boots” turned him …
- Hummingbird moth a sight to behold 8:03 p.m.
- Experts: Landscaping work possible on even $50 budget 8:03 p.m.
- Cooking Class: Tako’s Taco al Pastor 8:00 p.m.
- Barbecue is easy choice for potlucks 8:03 p.m.
Road Trip! Destination: Cuyahoga Valley National ParkBy Alice T. Carter 8:03 p.m.
Tell friends you’re planning a visit to a national park, and the automatic assumption is that you’re making a long trek to the Grand Canyon, the Everglades or one of …
- When a traffic stop isn’t routine
- Passing the illegals buck
- Confirm Judge Restrepo
- Don’t leave our military personnel defenseless
- Could Trump win?
Are the Turks all in?By Pat Buchanan
All through the Cold War, the Turks were among America’s most reliable allies. Early this century, under Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey seemed to be emerging as a major power, a land bridge between Europe and the Islamic world, a friend …