To donate an …
To donate an organ is among the greatest gifts someone can give, but many donors fail to understand the risks that can come with surgery.See more
A man angry …
A man angry over the death of Eric Garner fatally shot two New York City police officers who were sitting inside a patrol car Saturday, and later took his own life.See more
It took a …
It took a late comeback and an overtime session, but the Pitt men’s basketball team survived Oakland’s upset bid Saturday at Petersen Events Center.See more
The EPA says …
The EPA says it would not regulate the coal ash that power plants generate as hazardous waste in its first rules covering the byproduct.See more
A memorial dating …
A memorial dating to World War I was stripped of a brass plaque listing the names of veterans from McKeesport’s Tenth Ward.See more
Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shootingBy The Associated Press 8:44 p.m.
NEW YORK — A gunman who announced online that he was planning to shoot two …
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion 8:46 p.m.
Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with 81-77 overtime victoryBy John Harris 9:12 p.m.
It was another victory — a season-high fourth in a row — but that doesn’t …
Pakistan fervent about anti-blasphemy lawBy Ishtiaq Ahmed Special To The Tribune-Review 9:29 p.m.
ISLAMABAD — Clad in a pink bridal dress, actress and model Veena Malik celebrated a …
- Christmas in Western Pa. predicted to be ‘slightly white’ 9:00 p.m.
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes 8:56 p.m.
- Tree recycling offered at Allegheny County parks 9:00 p.m.
- Authorities investigating grocery store robberies Plum, Monroeville 6:47 p.m.
Children treated to gifts, peaceful holiday party at Lincoln-Lemington churchBy Chris Togneri 9:00 p.m.
Waves of children, all bundled up against the cold, filed into the church Saturday with wide eyes, every one of them eager to receive a Christmas gift they otherwise would …
- North Huntingdon residents warned about vehicle break-ins
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeralBy Renatta Signorini
Patricia Kunkle often saw Officer Richard Champion and his family at worship services at Kregar Community Church near Stahlstown over the last five years. On Friday, she stood quietly as …
- ‘Staff Pick’ is golden ticket on Kickstarter 9:06 p.m.
- Mind the time: Optimize last-minute shopping 9:05 p.m.
- Agriculture prospects envisioned in Cuba 9:00 p.m.
- Kim Komando: Can you get a virus on your smartphone? 9:00 p.m.
- Diane Stafford: Consider digital footprint 9:05 p.m.
Energy sector adjusts to global oil plummetBy David Conti 9:00 p.m.
Mark Marmo is expecting $5 million in gas well equipment in a few months, and wants to hire 60 workers to operate it. He doesn’t expect the shale boom that …
- Madonna releases 6 songs after leak
- Marsalis, Greene deliver albums of beauty, depth 8:15 p.m.
- ‘Foxcatcher’ filmmaker Miller drawn to odd story 8:20 p.m.
- Reese Witherspoon: How a scandal saved her career 8:20 p.m.
‘Collector’ exhibit shows another side of famed photographer MichalsBy Kurt Shaw 8:56 p.m.
While the exhibit “Storyteller: The Photographs of Duane Michals” at the Carnegie Museum of Art defines the storied career of the McKeesport native and legendary photographer, the exhibit “Duane Michals: …
- Allegheny Valley Hospital volunteers give back, get rewards 8:39 p.m.
- Crate dishes up a menu perfect for any occasion 8:12 p.m.
- Edgeworth home offers modern conveniences, antebellum-era charm 8:20 p.m.
- Road Trip! Destination: Zanesfield, Ohio 8:15 p.m.
- Garden Q&A: Cyclamen are finicky when it comes to water, temperatures 8:15 p.m.
- ‘Friends’ are hidden backbone of many libraries in Pittsburgh, elsewhere
Service with a smile: Win at gift-giving with in-home indulgencesBy Tribune-Review 8:56 p.m.
Are you starting to panic about Christmas presents? Are you finding it hard to buy for that person who just has everything? Then, how about a special service that will …
- Verbatim 9:00 p.m.
- Jonathan Gruber should have been Time’s Person of the Year 9:00 p.m.
- Great gifts for readers 9:08 p.m.
- In Thailand, a complimentary view of America 9:00 p.m.
- LETTERS HOME ... 9:00 p.m.
Going fuzzy on CubaBy Charles Lane 9:00 p.m.
The U.S. embargo on Cuba — or what’s left of it after President Obama’s dramatic Cuba policy announcement — might be a futile gesture. But it is, or was, not an empty gesture. It put the United States firmly on …