Johnson's injury not serious
• Backup goaltender Brent Johnson's injury Tuesday in Toronto is not serious. Johnson tweaked his knee in the second period and did not return for the final 20 minutes of regulation. Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said the decision to keep Johnson out was precautionary and that he will practice Thursday.
• Most of Tuesday's practice revolved around special teams. The Penguins' top power-play unit consisted of C Sidney Crosby, C Evgeni Malkin, RW Bill Guerin, D Sergei Gonchar and D Kris Letang.
• The Penguins have 29 players on their roster, including 17 forwards, nine defensemen and three goalies. One of the forwards listed on the roster is Max Talbot, who will not start the season because of a shoulder injury. By Sept. 30, the team's roster must be down to 23 players.
• The Penguins will travel by bus to Columbus for tonight's exhibition game against the Blue Jackets. A practice will be held at Southpointe today at 10 a.m. The team will leave for Columbus at 1:20 p.m.
• The Penguins' final preseason game is scheduled for Sunday in Detroit.