An escaped inmate …
An escaped inmate from Armstrong County Jail is suspected of killing a friend and stealing a truck and guns from her Rayburn home.See more
Bubble soccer — …
Bubble soccer — or, as Cannonsburg’s Iceoplex Sports Complex likes to call it, “plex ball,” has found a home in Western Pa.See more
Former Virginia Gov. …
Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore jumps into the GOP primary contest, becoming one of 521 people across the U.S. seeking the presidency.See more
Pirates pitcher A.J. …
Pirates pitcher A.J. Burnett endures another poor start in the second half of the season in a blowout loss to the Cincinnati Reds.See more
Emails shared among …
Emails shared among top Wolf administration officials show growing concern over the legal challenges facing Pa. AG Kathleen Kane.See more
4 people, including 12-year-old boy, shot, wounded in HomewoodBy Michael Hasch 11:15 p.m.
Four people — including a 12-year-old boy — were shot and wounded Thursday night in Homewood, city police …
- Man shot, killed in Crafton Heights 10:11 p.m.
Pirates’ Burnett endures another poor start in blowout loss to RedsBy Travis Sawchik 11:10 p.m.
CINCINNATI — During an 8 p.m. conference call Thursday to discuss the Joakim Soria and …
- Gorman: Women breaking coaching barriers 10:39 p.m.
Derry boy recovering at home after high-profile intestinal transplantBy Ben Schmitt 10:42 p.m.
After a monthlong hospital stay, Angelo Giorno walked through the front door of his home …
- Newsmaker: Stephanie McMahon 10:57 p.m.
- 4 people, including 12-year-old boy, shot, wounded in Homewood 11:15 p.m.
- Obama nominates 3 judges for federal bench in Pittsburgh 10:49 p.m.
- Democrats to announce activist as nominee for state Senate seat covering South Hills
Verdict due today in theft case against former Allegheny County councilmanBy Adam Brandolph 10:55 p.m.
Allegheny County Common Pleas Senior Judge Lester G. Nauhaus will render a verdict Friday morning in the oft-delayed theft trial for former county Councilman and solicitor Charles McCullough. Lawyers in the case delivered their closing arguments Thursday. The trial began …
- Convicted home invader from Monessen wants new lawyer 11:03 p.m.
- Contract talks progress in Derry 11:03 p.m.
- Music on way to Westmoreland’s Twin Lakes Park 11:01 p.m.
- Girl, 10, forced to strip in Sewickley Township home invasion 11:00 p.m.
- Greensburg YMCA seeks soccer sites for fall 11:00 p.m.
Arraignment scheduled for Penn Hills woman accused of transporting $1M worth of heroin along turnpikeBy Renatta Signorini 9:55 p.m.
Family members of a Penn Hills woman accused of transporting 2,000 bricks of heroin through Westmoreland County held a prayer circle outside of district court in Norvelt Thursday as Candice …
- Stocks bounce back from big losses to close relatively flat 9:22 p.m.
- Kennametal expects to consolidate plants as it shrinks manufacturing in continuing streamlining; profit drops 9:48 p.m.
- GNC to convert more stores to franchises as sales, profits slip 9:48 p.m.
- Range Resources cuts workforce 11%
- Appeals court clears way for class-action lawsuit against PNC
U.S. Steel CEO expects reboundBy Alex Nixon
U.S. Steel Corp. CEO Mario Longhi saw reason for optimism Wednesday despite a substantial financial hit in the second quarter and headwinds threatening the struggling steelmaker. Cost-cuts and efforts to fight steel imports the industry says are being dumped in …
- Review: ‘Infinitely Polar Bear’ actually has a warm heart 9:08 p.m.
- Review: ‘Testament’ a tribute to the war within 9:09 p.m.
- Old Crow Medicine Show ‘Raise a Ruckus’ at Stage AE
- Pop band One Direction is moving forward with tour stop at Heinz Field
- Neighborhood movie theaters use unconventional methods to draw customers
- Westmoreland mainstay Vallozzi’s brings Italian flavor to Downtown location
Review: Latest ‘M:I’ Cruises by on top talentBy Jocelyn Noveck 9:09 p.m.
There’s some interesting talk in the cleverly satisfying script of “Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation” about the element of luck. As in: How much is luck a factor in the …
- Bubble soccer bounces its way into Western Pa. sports venues 9:11 p.m.
- First Draft: East End, Wigle gamble on flavor with barrel swap 9:11 p.m.
- Fashion FYI: RAW: Pittsburgh showcase features over 40 artists 9:10 p.m.
- Arsenal hard cider now served at Soergel Orchards in Franklin Park
- In Western Pennsylvania, cookie tables aren’t just for weddings
- Summer’s favorite caffeine kick in Pittsburgh comes from cold-brew coffee
Since 1969, Pine resident Fitzgerald’s garden has flourishedBy Doug Oster 9:13 p.m.
A brief, but powerful afternoon thunderstorm rolled through Susie Fitzgerald’s Pine garden, peppering her treasured hostas with fat raindrops. Thirty minutes later, the rain subsided and the sweet fragrance of …
- Confirm Judge Restrepo 9:23 p.m.
- Don’t leave our military personnel defenseless
- Could Trump win?
- A refusenik’s answer to Iran
- Rough ride for anti-Uber politicians
Passing the illegals buckBy Thomas Sowell 9:23 p.m.
People who entered the United States illegally may be called “undocumented” in politically correct circles, but what is all too well documented is the utter irresponsibility of both political parties in dealing with immigration issues. Both Democrat and Republican administrations …