‘Glee’s’ Matthew Morrison fills Pittsburgh Pops date
By Mark Kanny
Published: Friday, June 22, 2012, 10:38 a.m.
Updated: Friday, June 22, 2012
“Glee” television show star Matthew Morrison will join Marvin Hamlisch to kick off the Pittsburgh Symphony Pops season in September, replacing Katherine McPhee who withdrew because of a scheduling conflict with her NBC show “Smash.”
Morrison stars as teacher Will Schuester on Fox's “Glee,” and also has a successful stage career. He's been nominated for an Emmy, a Tony and two Golden Globe awards. He sings Broadway standards on a forthcoming CD.
Morrison's concerts will start at 2:30 and 8 p.m. Sept. 29, and 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. Sept. 30. Subscribers with tickets for Sept. 27 will move to the Saturday matinee. Those with tickets for Sept. 28 will move to the Sunday evening performance.
Pops subscriptions cost $117.25 to $652.75. Single tickets will go on sale at a later date.
Details: 412-392-4900 or www.pittsburghsymphony.org
— Mark Kanny
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Senator’s liquor plan offers sales, packaging reform but no state store closings
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Pitt research facility dedicated in Hill District
- Bad weather barrels through Western Pa.
- Penn State scandal defendants lose second appeal
- Grand jury continues investigation in meeting with former Ravenstahl bodyguard
- Group pushing Clinton bid in 2016 gets key senator’s vote
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.