Willie Nelson pens new memoir for release Nov. 13
By The Associated Press
Published: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 9:03 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, September 29, 2012
Willie Nelson has proven to be one of America's most prolific songwriters. Turns out he's no slouch when it comes to memoirs, either: He has a new one due in November.
Nelson will release “Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die” on Nov. 13. Publisher William Morrow says the American music icon will tell never-before-heard stories about his life, family, music, politics, Texas, religion and favorite recreational activity.
A news release says the book will include contributions from family and friends, artwork by his son Micah and a forward by author, musician and friend Kinky Friedman.
Nelson has published a number of books on several topics since his first autobiography in 1988.
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Senators notebook: Anderson will remain in goal
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Pitt baseball loses, has tough road to Big East final
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.