NOMaD wins prize for ‘American Boy’
Published: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 9:03 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 4, 2012
NOMaD, a Western Pennsylvania-based country band, has won the Mello Yello One Track Find competition with its “American Boy” song, according to the band's website. NOMaD, which stands for North of Mason Dixon, won the $25,000 grand prize for the “American Boy” song and video, which is posted on Facebook and www.northofmasondixon.com. In May, the band was selected from thousands to participate in the One Track Find, which asks online voters to choose the act that could be the next big thing for music. In the video, NOMaD band members perform with footage of Pittsburgh in a song that celebrates small-town life.
— Kellie Gormly
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Former Charleroi pastor indicted on child pornography charge
- Mt. Washington’s Grandview Avenue isn’t looking so great these days
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- I-70 to reopen after crash in Westmoreland
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- ACC-bound Pitt finds itself without natural football rivals
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Police: Man escapes car hit by train in East Deer
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen scratched with soreness in right knee
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.