Doo-wop and oldies on tap at the Palace Theatre
Published: Tuesday, October 9, 2012, 9:05 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, October 9, 2012
It will be a night of doo-wop and oldies Sunday at the Palace Theatre in Greensburg, when Bo Wagner's Rat Pack and Johnny Angel and the Halos perform.
Wagner, who became lead singer of The Vogues in 1980, is known for his Frank Sinatra influence, and also looks to Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. for inspiration.
Pittsburgh-based oldies musicians Johnny Angel and the Halos, known for their harmonies, go back more than 30 years. Angel and the band have performed with artists such as Frankie Valli, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis and Ray Charles.
The show begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $28 to $40. Details: 724-836-8000 or www.thepalacetheatre.org
— Kellie B. Gormly
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- Organization helps cancer-stricken mother see her kids attend prom
- Uniontown man killed in shooting
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Indiana County man charged in assault on toddler
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
- Loyalhanna parents denied contact once baby born
- Pittsburgh officer’s off-duty heroics give toddler chance to live
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.