Western Pa.-made film ‘Foxcatcher’ gets distribution deal
By Staff and Wire Reports
Published: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 3:30 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 1, 2012
“Foxcatcher,” the movie filming locally about the murder of Olympic wrestler Dave Schultz, has gotten a distribution deal from Columbia Pictures, according to several sources.
Stars of the movie — Steve Carell, Mark Ruffalo, Channing Tatum and Sienna Miller — have been sighted throughout Western Pennsylvania in the past few weeks. Filming locations have included Ligonier, Sewickley and McKeesport. Filming is expected to take place in the Pittsburgh area through January. The crew is currently in McKeesport.
The movie is based on the true story of John du Pont, heir to the chemical company fortune who built a wrestling training facility called Team Foxcatcher on his Pennsylvania estate. In 1996, Du Pont (Carell), who suffered from paranoid schizophrenia, shot and killed Schultz (Ruffalo). Tatum portrays Schultz's brother and fellow wrestler, Mark Schultz. Miller plays Dave Schultz's wife.
Sony Pictures Entertainment hopes to release the film, written by E. Max Frye and Dan Futterman, in the fall of 2013.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Southmoreland, Connellsville athletes fall short of PIAA medal stand
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Dejan Kovacevic chat transcript: May 24, 2013
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Hempfield’s Holmberg takes 2nd at PIAA meet with career best leap
- Former Bethel Park PTO president charged in theft from organization
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Obama urges Navy to uphold honor; references sexual assault epidemic in military
- ‘Joke’ prompts British jets to divert airliner carrying 300 from Pakistan
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.