CLO Cabaret to present ‘You Say Tomato’
By Alice T. Carter
Published: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 8:52 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, November 4, 2012
The comedy “You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up!” will have its Pittsburgh debut Jan. 31 as an offering of the CLO Cabaret.
Actors, writers and married couple Annabelle Gurwitch and Jeff Kahn wrote the humorous stage show about the joys and irritations familiar to any couple who have been married for a long time.
They based the live show on their memoir, which was developed from performances at the Comedy Central Theater and Citizens Brigade, and the 2009 New York Comedy Festival.
The 75-minute show takes a humorous look at their relationship and their efforts to navigate the inevitable conflicts that come with romance, money and children. It contains some adult content.
Casting has not yet been decided.
“You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up!” runs Jan. 31 to May 5 at the Cabaret at Theater Square, 655 Penn Ave., Downtown.
Tickets, $34.75 to $44.75, go on sale Nov. 12.
Details: 412-456-6666 or www.CLOCabaret.com
— Alice T. CarterThere are currently no comments for this story.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Pens’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Contractor charged with failing to use grant for Jeannette building
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Bethel Park offensive lineman picks Pitt
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Girl injured in ATV accident in Butler County
- Pitt adds defensive recruit from Philadelphia
- City police investigating whether officer who gave ride to mayor’s ex-bodyguard broke any department regulations
- Army National Guardsman sues Target, claims he was fired while preparing for deployment