James Patterson to help effort to donate books
By The Associated Press
Published: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 6:48 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 8, 2012
NEW YORK — Best-sellers James Patterson and Ann Patchett will help lead a nationwide effort to spread the good words of books.
Patterson and Patchett are the honorary chairs of the U.S. chapter of World Book Night, an international project for which hundreds of thousands of free books are handed out by volunteers.
U.S. organizers announced Thursday that copies of 30 works would be distributed April 23, including Tina Fey's “Bossypants,” Ray Bradbury's “Fahrenheit 451” and Michael Lewis' “Moneyball.”
World Book Night was founded in Britain in 2010. Books are chosen by a panel of booksellers and librarians.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Smoking in school costs man more than a fine
- Ford Cliff firefighters head to Oklahoma
- Bank sues to stop $235,000 payment
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.