Batmobiles from 'Dark Knight' to invade Pittsburgh this weekend
Holy horsepower, Bat fans!
All six of the Dark Knight's Batmobiles and his two-wheel Bat-Pod will be on the North Shore this weekend.
The vehicles will be at Heinz Field as part of a tour to kick off the Dec. 4 release of “The Dark Knight Rises” on DVD and Blu-ray. The summer blockbuster was shot partly in Pittsburgh last year and is the final film in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.
The cars will be on display from noon to 7 p.m. Saturday and from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
Every Batmobile, from the open-cab two-seater Adam West drove in the 1960s TV show to the ultra-agile Tumbler that Christian Bale shot up the North Shore with, will be at Art Rooney Avenue near Gate A.
“The Dark Knight Rises” Blu-ray Combo Pack features “The Batmobile” documentary, an hour-long in-depth look into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring weapon in Batman's arsenal.
On display will be vehicles from:
• “Batman” television series and “Batman, The Movie” (1966) with Adam West
• “Batman” (1989) and “Batman Returns” (1992) with Michael Keaton
• “Batman Forever” (1995) with Val Kilmer
• “Batman & Robin” (1997) with George Clooney
• “Batman Begins” (2005), “The Dark Knight” (2008), “The Dark Knight Rises” (2012), including the Black Tumbler, Camouflage Tumbler and Bat-Pod, driven in the movie by Christian Bale.
— Chris Ramirez