Entertainment briefs: ‘Weekend Today,” Bodiography
Published: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 9:01 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 15, 2012
NBC's “Weekend Today Show” is joining the Saturday and Sunday morning news line-up on WPXI-TV, Pittsburgh, beginning Dec. 1
Channel 11's weekend local morning news will begin a half hour earlier (5 a.m.) both days, airing 5-7 a.m. and 9-10:30 a.m. Saturdays; and 5-8 a.m. and 9-10 a.m. Sundays.
“Today” will be seen at 7-9 a.m. Saturdays and 8-9 a.m. Sundays.
“The ratings have shown us that there is a high demand for local news and quality programming on weekend mornings. And if that's what the viewers want, that's what we'll give them,” says Ray Carter, WPXI vice president and general manager.
'Multiplicity' show ready to go
Bodiography Contemporary Ballet's annual “Multiplicity” show plays at the Byham Theater for the first time this week, presenting new works in ballet, modern and jazz idioms.
Artistic director Maria Caruso's 11th annual collage will include pieces by former dancers Kaitlin Dann and Lauren Suflita Skrabalak, six current dancers and Caruso herself.
The show also features dance inspired sculpture and photographic work by Eric Rose.
The performance starts at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Byham Theater, Downtown. Admission: $30.
Details: 412-456-6666 or www.trustarts.org.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Seattle-area bridge collapse survivor: ‘You hold on’
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across Northern California
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Wounded veteran gets mortgage-free Dormont house
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.