Science Center to sponsor free Conservation Day
Published: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 8:58 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 10, 2013
Duquesne Light and the Carnegie Science Center are sponsoring a free Conservation Day with environmentally themed programming on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Jan 21.
All visitors will be given free admission, a free Omnimax film and free parking at the North Shore site.
The Omnimax film is “Coral Reef.” Two live, theater shows, “Home Makeover: Green Edition” and “Captain Green's Time Machine,” also will be part of the festivities.
The live shows are part of the center's Science on the Road program, which is taken to schools.
“Martin Luther King Day is a great time to focus on community, and we're excited to offer a day of fun and learning with a special focus on conservation,” says Ann Metzger, co-director of the science center.
Details: 412-237-3400 or www.carnegiesciencecenter.org.
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Uniontown man killed in shooting
- Organization helps cancer-stricken mother see her kids attend prom
- Indiana County man charged in assault on toddler
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Variety of techniques can help fishermen creel walleyes
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- Error in 9th allows Pirates to rally past Astros
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Powerball officials: 80 percent of number combinations picked
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.