Home Style: Craft book; Aqueduck sink helper; cleaning enameled sink
By Mary Beth Breckenridge
Published: Friday, February 8, 2013, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Friday, February 8, 2013
Product helps little handsat the sink
Aqueduck Products make it easier for children to use the bathroom sink without help from Mom or Dad.
The company makes a faucet extender that funnels water forward in the sink so small children can reach the water. Its handle extender attaches to a handle of a double-handle faucet to enable kids to turn it.
The faucet extender comes in five colors and sells for $12.99 at www.peachyco.com. The handle extender is expected to be available this month for $19.99. Shipping is extra.
Set the table for romance
Most of us pull out the stops only when we're entertaining a crowd. Moll Anderson thinks that same kind of attention should be lavished on that one special person.
She's encouraging readers to do just that with her new book, “Seductive Tables for Two: Tablescapes, Picnics, & Recipes That Inspire Romance.”
Anderson, an interior designer and familiar TV presence, makes a case for using a table for two to set the table for romance. She shares her vision for 16 intimate encounters, from a sunrise breakfast to a nightcap in front of the fire. She includes decorative details, recipes and helpful information such as ideas for themes and guidance on choosing colors.
“Seductive Tables for Two” is published by Moll Anderson Productions and sells for $19.95 in softcover.
Tackle new crafts with step-by-step instructions
Want to try your hand at a new creative pursuit?
“Craft: Techniques & Projects” can get you started.
The book is a comprehensive guide to a variety of craft techniques, written by top crafters in their fields. The authors teach the basics of each craft through words and photos, and then offer a project that uses the techniques.
The crafts in the book are appropriate for beginners or seasoned crafters, and they don't require a lot of specialized equipment. Included are textile crafts, paper crafts, jewelry, ceramics, glass, candles, soap and eco crafts.
“Craft: Techniques & Projects” is published by DK Publishing and is $40 in hardcover.
— Staff and wire reports
Send Homework items to Features in care of Sue Jones, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, D.L. Clark Building, 503 Martindale St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212; fax 412-320-7966; or email email@example.com.
- Bad weather barrels through Western Pa.
- Senator’s liquor plan offers sales, packaging reform but no state store closings
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Penn State scandal defendants lose second appeal
- Photos: Volunteers ‘redd up’ river bank around Sewickley
- Grand jury continues investigation in meeting with former Ravenstahl bodyguard
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
- Allegheny County’s 16 criminal court judges sign order regarding procedures to maintain evidence in criminal proceedings
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.