WPXI names new early morning co-anchor
WPXI-TV is adding Katherine Amenta to the Channel 11 Morning News team, news director Mike Oliveira announced July 19.
Amenta will co-anchor the newscast with Joe Arena from 4:30 to 7 a.m. weekdays beginning in August.
Before joining WPXI, Amenta anchored the morning newscast at NewsChannel 8 in Washington, D.C. She is originally from Philadelphia.
“Originally a Pennsylvania girl, I'm very lucky to have so many family and friends nearby,” she says. “Plus, as a big sports fan, Pittsburgh is obviously the perfect city. I already have Pirates fever and can't wait to see what the rest of the season holds!”
— Rachel Weaver
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- Muslim civil rights group seeks investigation into shooting of Pittsburgh taxi driver
- Community comes together to mourn death of St. Clair police officer
- Pennsylvania Game Commission reaps revenue from shale gas under game lands
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall