WPXI names new early morning co-anchor
WPXI-TV is adding Katherine Amenta to the Channel 11 Morning News team, news director Mike Oliveira announced July 19.
Amenta will co-anchor the newscast with Joe Arena from 4:30 to 7 a.m. weekdays beginning in August.
Before joining WPXI, Amenta anchored the morning newscast at NewsChannel 8 in Washington, D.C. She is originally from Philadelphia.
“Originally a Pennsylvania girl, I'm very lucky to have so many family and friends nearby,” she says. “Plus, as a big sports fan, Pittsburgh is obviously the perfect city. I already have Pirates fever and can't wait to see what the rest of the season holds!”
— Rachel Weaver
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Starkey: Rutherford hits jackpot with Kessel
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- 2B Walker, Pirates smash through Tigers pitching in road victory
- Penguins notebook: Rutherford proves savvy in deal
- Penguins get their man in making trade with Toronto for Kessel
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Pirates notebook: Cole cool about hostile comment
- Donora-Webster bridge plunges into Mon River after 107 years
- Higher school taxes prevail in Western Pennsylvania, Trib finds
- Second Blair County friar commits suicide in province under sex abuse investigation
- Instances of hacking may be up, but indictments against Chinese military impactful, experts say