Folk group DisCanto to play at Heinz History Center
DisCanto, a group of conservatory-trained folk musicians, will perform Aug. 8 at a concert sponsored by the Italian-American program at the Senator John Heinz History Center.
Their music looks at the “forte e gentile” (strong but gentle) nature of the Abruzzo region in central Italy.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the fifth-floor Muller Center in the Strip District site. Admission is $10. Details: 412-454-6426 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers sign former star LB Harrison; Tomlin talks ‘different climate’
- Port Authority: Drivers ‘reckless’ before buses bumped, wrecking 1
- State Sen. Jim Ferlo: ‘I’m gay. Get over it. I love it’
- Bill allowing schools to administer epinephrine advances in state senate
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery
- Baldwin-Whitehall substitute teacher charged in child porn case
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- Man takes rifle from Jeannette police car
- With informant missing, drug case should be dropped, Carrick man’s lawyer says
- Pollution may be cause of sky’s colored streaks in Westmoreland
- Coder resigns as football coach at Canon-McMillan