Win tickets to ‘Jack Reacher’ premiere in Pittsburgh
Published: Friday, December 7, 2012, 3:54 p.m.
Updated: Friday, December 7, 2012
Excitement is building for next week's national premiere of Pittsburgh-filmed “Jack Reacher.”
It will be a star-studded day that includes attendance by Tom Cruise, director Christopher McQuarrie, Rob ert Duvall, Rosamund Pike and author Lee Childs.
The big question is: What about me? Can I go?
There are a couple of ways to win a seat for the 2 p.m. Dec. 15 premiere at SouthSide Works Cinema.
The City of Pittsburgh will be launching a Facebook contest Monday, in which the winner will receive two free tickets.
“We're extremely thrilled that Pittsburgh will be hosting its first U.S. premiere in decades, and we wanted to share that excitement with our thousands of Facebook fans,” Mayor Luke Ravenstahl says.
Starting at noon Monday, daily trivia questions will be posted about the “Jack Reacher” movie and its filming throughout Pittsburgh last year. The first five fans to guess correctly will be entered into the contest and a winner will be chosen randomly at 1 p.m. Friday.
Paramount is also giving away free tickets, along with a variety of other prizes, including iPads and Xbox 360s.
Send your full name, age and home address to Pittsburgh@43KIX.com to enter.
Of course, no tickets are required to be an observer of the events that begin at 11 a.m. Dec. 15, or to be part of the cheering red-carpet throng.
- DVD reviews: ‘The Last Stand,’ ‘Side Effects’ and ‘Parker’
- Big budget films make summer sizzle
- ‘Renoir’ paints old man surrounded by beauty and loyalty
- This ‘Hangover’ much easier to sleep off
- ‘Epic’ aims high, achieves … middlin’
- ‘Fast & Furious 6’ driven by little more than action and effects
- ‘Reluctant Fundamentalist’ tries to straddle dual worlds
- MacFarlane won’t return as 2014 Oscar host
- An intensely cold ruthless ‘Iceman’ cometh
- DVD reviews: ‘Jack Reacher,’ ‘Mama’ and ‘Safe Haven’
- DVD reviews: ‘Cloud Atlas’ and ‘Texas Chainsaw’
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.