How well do you know this year's Oscar nominees?
Oscars matching game
How well do you know this year's Oscar nominees? Try matching the quote with its film. Most of them shouldn't be too hard, even if you've seen only the trailer. Others, just take your best guess …
1. “Let me get this straight: Your slave wife speaks German and her name is Broomhilda von Shaft?”
2. “The whole universe depends on everything fitting together just right. If one piece busts, even the smallest piece ... the entire universe will get busted.”
3. “The only way to beat my crazy was by doing something even crazier.”
4. “If I'm going to make a fake movie, it's going to be a fake hit.”
5. “No one is loved as much as you by the people. Don't waste that power.”
6. “This is what defeat looks like, bro. Your jihad is over.”
7. “Things will go on, and then one day it will all be over.”
8. “To love another person is to see the face of God.”
9. “Animals have souls ... I have seen it in their eyes,”
10. “Remember, if they ask you anything about your drinking, it's totally acceptable to say “I don't recall.”
11. “He's making all of this up as he goes along. You don't see that?”
12. “After that, when I came up, I was on my own. That was the scariest part. And when I saw the two of you climbing to the tree, I didn't feel so scared anymore. I knew I wasn't on my own. You see?”
13. “Uh, let's see... I'm 9 feet tall, I weigh 643 pounds, got a bit of a temper on me. My passion level's very near the surface, I guess, not gonna lie.”
D. “Zero Dark Thirty”
E. “Beasts of the Southern Wild”
F. ”Django Unchained”
G. “Les Miserables”
H. “The Master”
I. “Wreck-it Ralph”
J. “Silver Linings Playbook”
K. “The Impossible”
M. “Life of Pi”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pittsburgh fans pay tribute to ‘Mockingjay Part 1’
- Friends recall director Mike Nichols as ‘greatest of the great’
- Commentary: Witherspoon, Ellison are changing movies
- DVD reviews: ‘22 Jump Street,’ ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’ and ‘It Happened One Night’
- Review: ‘Mockingjay — Part 1’ a glum setup for ‘Hunger Games’ finale
- Five memorable movies by Mike Nichols