Springsteen, McCartney, Kanye set for Sandy show
By The Associated Press
Published: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 11:02 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 15, 2012
Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band and Kanye West will hit the stage at a Superstorm Sandy benefit concert next month at Madison Square Garden.
MSG announced Thursday that Billy Joel, The Who, Alicia Keys and Jon Bon Jovi also will perform at the Dec. 12 show, dubbed “12-12-12.” More performers will be announced at a later date.
Proceeds from the concert will go to the Robin Hood Relief Fund to benefit those affected by Sandy in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Sandy's assault more than two weeks ago created widespread damage and power outages throughout the area.
- Rise Against rises again with ‘RPM10’ reissue
- Inventiveness is hallmark of new jazz offerings
- Kenny G blends the personal with the musical
- Kenny G smoothly controls Pittsburgh Symphony Pops stage
- Toby Keith tour a time to learn for country singer Moore
- Deafheaven’s ‘Sunbather’ an instant hit
- Mustered Courage conjures bluegrass from Down Under
- Japandroids keeps up their intensity and work ethic
- Relentless rock band Swans flies in new music lands
- New Kids still have the boy band look, bubblegum sound
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.