Air Force band and chorus cancel eight-state tour
An April 2 concert by the U.S. Air Force Concert Band and Singing Sergeants in Oakland has been canceled because of cost-cutting by the Department of Defense.
The two groups were scheduled to perform at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum, but all Air Force units have ended their tours in because of the federal sequestration.
The visit here would have been part of an eight-state tour.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates defeat Braves, 3-2, clinch NL playoff spot for 2nd consecutive season
- NFL notebook: Student: Ex-Titan chased him, friends before crash
- Aging natural gaslines pose hidden threat
- Steelers’ Tomlin says practice will determine OLB Harrison’s role
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery
- Penguins blanked at Columbus, 2-0
- Steelers notebook: Archer shooting for return vs. Buccaneers
- Pirates notebook: Pirates prepare for playoff berth celebration
- Port Authority: Drivers ‘reckless’ before buses bumped, 1 went over hillside
- Pirates beat Braves, clinch 2nd straight trip to postseason
- Pennsylvania Sen. Jim Ferlo: ‘I’m gay. Get over it. I love it’