Tenor substituted for March 19 ‘Madama Butterfly’
By Mark Kanny
Published: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 10:45 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Tenor Roger Honeywell will sing Lt. B.F. Pinkerton at the March 19 Pittsburgh Opera performance of “Madama Butterfly,” replacing Bryan Hymel, who is expect to return for the March 22 and 24 performances.
Honeywell starred as Don Jose in the opera's 2010 production of Georges Bizet's “Carmen.”
Pittsburgh Opera's production of “Madama Butterfly” will be repeated at 7 p.m. March 19, 8 p.m. March 22, and 2 p.m. March 24 at the Benedum Center, Downtown. Admission is $10.75 to $195.75. Details: 412-456-6666 or www.pittsburghopera.org.
- Review: Bellamy puts the blues in R&B
- Music review: Lewis’ Sun sessions shine on essential CD release
- New album, label, tour give McGraw 'fresh energy'
- Josh Ritter’s new outlook shows up in his music
- Pianist Valentina Lisitsa sees more than one musical truth
- Beyonce cancels Belgium show under doctor’s orders
- Styx, REO Speedwagon and Nugent still up to rocking the crowd
- Conductor Kazem Abdullah living his dream come true
- Spirit moves McFerrin on new album
- PSO concert reflects conductor's strengths, inexperience
- James McCartney, son of Sir Paul, seeks to play own musical role
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.