Kenny G replaces Botti in Pittsburgh Pops concerts
By Mark Kanny
Published: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 12:15 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, March 21, 2013
Grammy-winning jazz saxophonist Kenny G will solo with the Pittsburgh Symphony Pops at its final concerts of the season. He'll replace trumpeter Chris Botti, who withdrew because of a change in his touring schedule.
Kenny G has sold more than 75 million copies of 23 albums thus far in his career, and is known for his mixture of R&B, pop, Latin and jazz styles, as well as his technical chops.
The concerts start at 7:30 p.m. June 13, 8 p.m. June 14 and 15, and 2:30 p.m. June 16 at Heinz Hall, Downtown. Admission is $20 to $98.
Details: 412-392-4900 or www.pittsburghsymphony.org.
- Watoto children sing and dance out the pain
- Westmoreland Symphony Orchestra’s Disney music concert appeals to many ages
- Review: Bellamy puts the blues in R&B
- Spirit moves McFerrin on new album
- Foreigner no stranger to lineup changes
- Tim McGraw’s Saturday night concert full of surprises
- Styx, REO Speedwagon and Nugent still up to rocking the crowd
- Big Eyes scores with no-frills approach
- Q&A: Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin talks biopic
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.