Bonnie Raitt delivers bluesy 'Slipstream' at Heinz Hall
Touring for her latest, self-produced studio album, ‘Slipstream', Bonnie Raitt showcased some of her new hits and all time classics to a hailing crowd of about 2,000 Blues connoisseurs at Heinz Hall Monday night, The best-selling Blues album from the best-selling Blues artist of 2012, ‘Slipstream' recently earned Raitt her 10th Grammy Award for Best Americana Album.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Hyde Park singer Mia Z ready to keep chasing her music dream
- Collective Soul to play Carnegie Music Hall in Munhall on Oct. 11
- Pittsburgh Symphony names trustee McGranahan to chair its board
- Plum native to be inducted into polka hall of fame
- A ukulele that rocks? Jake Shimabukuro can show you how
- Actor Duchovny to sing at Pittsburgh’s Altar Bar
- Neighborhood Week sends Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra out into community
- Photo Gallery: Lake Street Dive play soulful, sold-out show at Mr. Smalls
- Kanye, Cyrus and Minaj provide memorable moments at VMAs
- New Pittsburgh Symphony CEO confronts budget, attendance issues
- Joe Grushecky, band close Arts on the Allegheny summer series