Legendary McCartney resuming tour after illness break, set for Consol date
The legendary Sir Paul McCartney has postponed some recent concerts because of a viral infection. However, in a short video he posted last week on YouTube , the former Beatle assured fans that he feels fine, and they can count on his upcoming concert dates, which include a Pittsburgh stop July 7 at Consol Energy Center.
“I feel great; thank you very much for asking,” McCartney, who turned 72 on June 18, says in the video. He has rescheduled many postponed dates for September and October, and even added a show in Greensboro, N.C. On July 5, he will resume his tour in Albany, N.Y., after the hiatus.
“I'm feeling great, rocking and rolling!” McCartney exclaims in the video. He fell ill in Japan in May, and his doctor told him to take it easy.
The first leg of McCartney's worldwide “Out There” tour came in 2013 with a successful visit to 23 cities in places that include South America, Europe and Japan, and now he will be rolling through the United States.
McCartney christened the brand-new Consol Energy Center in 2010 with a pair of instantly soldout shows, and the July 7 concert will be his first in Pittsburgh since those initial shows.
In McCartney's “Out There” show, which has no opener and lasts about three hours, fans can relive favorite musical moments from the past half century. McCartney performs songs from throughout his career, including his time as a solo artist and as a member of the Beatles and Wings. McCartney's set list will include songs from his latest studio album, “New,” which came out last year. The shows uses production technology to amplify the visual and sound effects and uses massive screens, lasers and more.
Kellie B. Gormly is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7824.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.