Personality test: B. White
By Mike Machosky
Published: Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 8:54 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Now that Pittsburgh is a known quantity in the hip-hop world, thanks to Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller, et cetera, making it big out of the 'Burgh is no longer a ridiculous dream.
The 58s from McKeesport hope to be among that number, building up local notoriety online through their YouTube videos for tracks like “Formed in McKee” and “Hardwood Classic.”
The 58s' distinctively combative personality comes from rappers B. White and Mayo, who never fail to give their hard-as-nails hometown plenty of credit. Recently, they've been doing something called “Mon Valley Mondays,” releasing new music videos, along with freestyles and behind-the-scenes footage, every week.
B. White (Brian Whiteman), 29, recently consented to take the Trib's personality test.
The star who would play me in the movie version of my life and why:
Will Ferrell. Because then I'd know the movie would be good.
The piece of memorabilia from my childhood I wish I still had:
I can't live without my: iPod, cellphone, DVR or laptop?
E. I hate sports
Top thing on my ‘Bucket List' to do before I'm gone:
Walk on the moon
My favorite Pittsburgh athlete:
Favorite lunchtime spot:
Chick's Grill (McKeesport)
When I was 10, I wanted to be:
In the NFL
In five years, I'd like to:
Be a millionaire
One word my mother would use to describe me:
The oldest thing in my refrigerator is:
Whatever is in that takeout box on the bottom shelf
My favorite sandwich, plus fixings:
Steak-umm, provolone, mayonnaise
If I was auditioning for “American Idol,” my song would be:
“Ball Shorts” by Mikey & Big Bob from “The Freak Show”
TV marathon I could watch all day and why:
“The Office,” because it's hilarious
If I wasn't a musician, I'd be:
Favorite brunch food:
My favorite cable channel:
Life would be better without:
My first job:
Cleaning a bingo hall
My worst job:
Cleaning that bingo hall
Three people I'd love to have dinner with:
Tracy Morgan, Tina Fey and Aziz Ansari
Favorite reality show:
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Pitt awaits NCAA Tournament fate after loss to Notre Dame in Big East baseball
- Saturday morning low temp tied record set in 1925
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Rankin teen charged in 16-year-old girl’s shooting death
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- PIAA board delays vote on Leechburg switch
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.