Tailgate party kicks off ‘The Chief’
Published: Thursday, December 27, 2012, 9:03 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, December 27, 2012
Pittsburgh Public Theater will take over Katz Plaza from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Jan. 3 to host a tailgate party.
It's the kickoff event for the company's new production of “The Chief,” which begins its 10th anniversary run that evening at the O'Reilly Theater, Downtown. Tom Atkins returns as Pittsburgh Steelers founder Arthur J. Rooney Sr. in the production that runs through Jan. 12.
Food trucks for Oh My Grill and Dozen Desserts will offer discounts to anyone wearing black and gold. Fuze will offer free fruit drinks. Pittsburgh Public Theater also will offer discounts and giveaways.
Details: 412-316-1600; www.ppt.org
— Alice T. Carter
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Friend of man accused in soldier's death arrested at BBC after interview
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Rankin teen charged in 16-year-old girl’s shooting death
- Memorial Day events set in Westmoreland, Fayette
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.