By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, May 8, 2011
Karen Rath joined the central Ohio not-for-profit team at Huntington Bancshares Inc. as senior commercial relationship manager.
• Case Sabatini hired Nora R. Sheffield and Rachel S. Jenista, both as staff accountants, and Rosemarie Estes as director of marketing.
• Malin Bergquist promoted Rodney Coburn Jr. to manager, Cole Beehner to senior accountant and Natalie Block, MaryBeth Bolam and Lisa Bolte, all to staff accountant II. Coburn is an auditor with the firm's employee benefits plan audit group. Beehner is a member of the firm's public company/SEC and forensic and valuation groups. Block is an auditor with the firm's employee benefit plan consulting group. Bolam is an auditor with the firm's public company/SEC group. Bolte is a member of the firm's tax group.
• Dwight D. Ferguson joined Lynch Weis LLC as senior counsel and head of the firm's real estate practice group. Ferguson's litigation practice focuses on zoning and cases involving real estate matters.
• William C. Price joined the Pittsburgh office of Thorp Reed & Armstrong LLP as a partner in the firm's bankruptcy and financial restructuring practice group. Price focuses his practice on bankruptcy, insolvency and creditors' and debtors' rights.
• Eckert Seamans Cherin and Mellott LLC promoted Candace K. Gottschall to special counsel. Gottschall focuses her practice in estate planning. Samuel P. Trumbull joined Eckert Seamans' litigation division as an associate in the firm's Pittsburgh office. His practice focuses on commercial disputes, including financial and fraud cases, class actions, property-related disputes and tort claims.
• James R. Olson joined Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP as counsel in the firm's Pittsburgh office. Olson is a member of the tax & wealth management department and a member of the tax and business planning and of the nonprofit organizations practice groups.
Slippery Rock University appointments: Kurt Schimmel, dean of the College of Business, Information and Social Sciences; Kathleen Strickland, dean of the College of Education; John Rindy, director of the career services office; and Bradley Wilson, professor of philosophy, to lead the honor program.
Westinghouse Electric Co. appointed Joe Zwetolitz vice president, Americas.
• Gil Davis, managing director and a partner at accounting firm Case Sabatini, was elected to the Pittsburgh Botanic Garden Board of Directors.
• Dr. William R. Poller was appointed to the board of directors of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Pittsburgh affiliate. Poller is a radiologist at West Penn Allegheny Health System.
Duquesne University graduate students honored with the Graduate Student Award for Excellence in Teaching: Erin Rentschler of Mt. Lebanon and Melissa Wehler of Sewickley, both in the English department, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts; and Ruth Leehacharoenkul of Shadyside and Kellie Rosiek of Mt. Washington, both in the biological sciences department, Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences. The award is sponsored by the university's Center for Teaching Excellence.
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.