Prudential Preferred Realty acquires Avalar Real Estate
Prudential Preferred Realty in Pittsburgh said Tuesday it acquired Avalar Real Estate and plans to merge its two offices -- in Squirrel Hill and Robinson -- into existing Prudential offices nearby.
Ron Croushore, Prudential's owner, declined to reveal the purchase price. About 25 Avalar agents will join Prudential, including its former broker-owner, Ed Schmidt, who will become an office manager.
Schmidt originally started Keller Williams Real Estate in the region.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- In historic vote, Pa. Senate approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Pirates notebook: Cervelli gets 1st career DH start
- Route 22 in Delmont open after tractor-trailer crash at cloverleaf
- Ferris wheel goes up to help get Regatta rolling
- Downie, Ehrhoff lead list of likely Penguins leaving in free agency
- Starkey: Cervelli’s inspiration
- Pa. Senate passes $30.1B GOP budget; Wolf veto likely
- Some pieces of Scaife collection in high demand on first day of auction
- Pirates hope 1st baseman Alvarez starts to regain power stroke
- Brooklyn man’s cross-state taxi ride leads straight to jail in Uniontown