Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC, Pittsburgh office, promoted: Timothy P. Palmer , counsel, bankruptcy & creditor's rights; Jennifer R. Minter , shareholder, and Perry S. Patterson , counsel, both corporate finance and technology; James (Jay) F. Glunt , shareholder, labor & employment; Matthew H. Meade , shareholder, litigation; Robert L. Burns Jr. , counsel, and B. Lafe Metz , shareholder, both real estate; and Lynn Krisay Brehm , counsel, employee benefits/Employee Retirement Income Security Act.
Advertising, public relations
Infinity Concepts hired Jeff Bowling as art director.
Carnegie Learning Inc. hired Alaina Alessio , Angela Andrus , Chris Scott and Jeff D'Antonio , all as inside sales representatives; and Joe Marnell as regional account manager.
Canonsburg General Hospital appointed Dr. Elias Bahta , Dr. Colleen Murphy and Dr. James R. Richardson to its medical staff. Bahta, a nephrologist, is an associate of Teredesai, McCann and Associates. A board-certified family practice physician, Murphy will join the practice of Dr. William Coyle. Richardson, a cardiologist, is an associate with Frazier-Hart.
• Cindy Riggins was appointed director of Gateway Rehabilitation Center's new all female inpatient and work-release community-based corrections program, Gateway Sheffield, in Aliquippa.
• The Homeless Children's Education Fund hired Susy Robison as volunteer coordinator.
• TJ&S hired Joseph Sell as the marketing manager in the property and casualty department.
• Crown American Associates promoted Rachel Loya to chief financial officer, vice president and treasurer.
• Matthew B. Davis joined Isbir Construction & Landscape Corp.
• Richard I. Thomas , a partner with Pepper Hamilton LLP, was appointed to the open shop committee and union contractors committee of Associated General Contractors of America. Partner-in-charge of the law firm's Pittsburgh office, Thomas focuses his practice on labor and employment law.
• The YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh appointed the following people as members of the YMCA Metropolitan board of directors: Q Battle , managing director of safety at Moon-based FedEx Ground; Laura E. Ellsworth , partner-in-charge of the Pittsburgh office of the national law firm of Jones Day; and Margaret Prine Joy , a matrimonial litigation attorney and partner with the Pittsburgh firm of McCarthy McDonald Schulberg & Joy.
Fred I. Young , retired senior vice president of Hearst-Argyle Television Inc., is the 2009 recipient of the President's Award of The Press Club of Western Pennsylvania.
Greg Babe , president and chief executive officer of Bayer Corp. and Bayer MaterialScience LLC, spoke on "Why Reputation is Your Most Important Asset," at a luncheon series presented by Duquesne University's Beard Center for Leadership in Ethics.