Marcellus, Utica business opportunities event set
SMC Business Councils will host “Doing Business in the Marcellus and Utica Shale Play” from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday at The Chadwick in Wexford.
The program's purpose is to encourage private enterprise to become involved in the oil and natural gas exploration and production field. Professionals in the field who are dedicated to hiring local suppliers will discuss opportunities.
Cost is $25 for SMC members, $35 for partner organization members and $50 at the door; register at www.smc.org/event-shalegas110912.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Despite intimidation, women still passionate about video games
- ‘Let It Snow’ filming on Ligonier Diamond
- Steelers hold off the Falcons to keep moving in AFC North chase
- Police crash victim’s death ruled accidental
- Shooting guard Mason paces Dukes to win over UMass Lowell
- Butler County spotlight athletes: Sunday, Dec. 21, 2014
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Deep roster sparks Butler boys basketball team
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Butler girls basketball team earning narrow victories
- Real estate union: Howard Hanna buys Langholz Wilson Ellis