Free workshop will cover financial basics for small businesses
Westmoreland SCORE is offering a free workshop on “Understanding Financial Statements” from 1-3 p.m. Saturday at the Greensburg Hempfield Area Library.
SCORE, a nonprofit association based at Saint Vincent College, provides assistance to existing and start-up businesses through free, confidential counseling, mentoring and workshops. Its office is on the ground floor of Aurelius Hall and is affiliated with the McKenna School of Business, Economics and Government.
The two-hour workshop will cover:
• How to construct, read and analyze financial statements
• The four basic types of financial statements
• Levels of financial statements
• Where the money came from
• Where the money went
• Where the money is now
• How creditors look at financial statements
• What's important for loan applications
• How to understand cash flow
To register, visit westmoreland.score.org .
Stephen Huba is a Tribune-Review staff writer. Reach him at 724-850-1280, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @shuba_trib.