4 employers win awards for support of breastfeeding awards
By Alex Nixon
Published: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Allegheny County Health Department announced four winners in its annual Breastfeeding Friendly Place Awards.
H.J. Heinz Co.'s Heinz 57 Center, Downtown, and Kids Plus Pediatrics, Squirrel Hill, were recognized in the workplace category.
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh's Woods Run branch won in the public place category. And E2 Toys2Try in Scott received the retail category award.
The awards, started in 1996, seek to encourage employers and others to encourage breastfeeding by offering space that makes it easier for mothers to breastfeed.
- Tunisian security blocks radical Islamists’ conference
- Senators notebook: Big cheers for little hero Pageau
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- North Korea fires projectile into eastern waters, 4th test in 2 days
- Washington scandals intrude on Massachusetts Senate race
- 2 men arrested in killing of teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Officer shot in Boston showdown wants to work
- Pakistan repeats vote despite killing
- Israel favors interim deal with Palestinians
- Medical condition may have caused driver to plow into parade-goers
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.