rue21 profit falls 6.5% to $8.17 million
By Kim Leonard
Published: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 5:12 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Teen clothing retailer rue21 Inc. said its third-quarter profit fell by 6.5 percent to $8.17 million, or 33 cents a share, although sales grew 15.6 percent due to new store growth and better results from existing stores.
Warrendale-based rue21 said its latest profit compares to $8.74 million, or 35 cents, in net earnings a year ago. Sales totaled $225.16 million, up from $194.76 million.
The company said it had a $2.9 million pretax litigation expense, or about 8 cents a share, in the third quarter related to a prospective settlement of wage and hours claims in California.
The 879-store chain raised earnings guidance to $1.83 to $1.86 a share for the year, up from $1.55 in fiscal 2011.
Kim Leonard is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-5606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- Pitt’s McConnell-Serio adds sister to coaching staff
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.