Five specialists to join UPMC
By Kim Leonard
Published: Monday, Dec. 3, 2012, 2:08 p.m.
Five ear, nose and throat specialists who make up the Metropolitan ENT Associates practice will join UPMC as of Jan. 1.
Drs. James E. Blaugrund, Scott E. Celin, Steven R. Jones, Philip A. Pollice and Michael S. Srodes diagnose and manage conditions of the sinuses, larynx, oral cavity, ear, mouth, throat and facial and neck structures.
Thyroid and parathyroid diseases are treated, for example, and allergy, audiology and speech pathology services are offered.
The physicians will continue to see patients at clinical locations Uptown and in McCandless, Green Tree, Wexford and Brentwood.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins’ Orpik taken off ice on stretcher in loss to Bruins
- Nelson Mandela: The real legacy
- Steelers still have something worth playing for
- State police kill knife-wielding suspect in child abduction from Brentwood
- Rossi: Penguins’ Orpik among select NHLers going without gluten
- Breaking down the Pirates’ needs entering winter meetings
- Ex-Pirates great Parker’s long wait for Hall of Fame could finally end
- Robinson: Video review reveals Steelers coach’s sideline movements in Baltimore were out of character
- Investors put squeeze on prospective homeowners’ American dreams
- Kovacevic: On Melancon, Mandela, molding
- Controversial Rooney Rule has opened door for NFL minority coaching candidates