Gasoline prices continue to fall, AAA says
Gasoline prices in Western Pennsylvania continue to decline, dropping 3.8 cents a gallon this week, AAA East Central said on Tuesday.
The average price for regular gas was $3.577 a gallon, down from $3.615 a gallon last week.
Average prices around the region this week ranged from a high of $3.629 in Altoona to a low of $3.486 in New Castle.
But prices are still well above the national average, which on Tuesday was $3.381, AAA said.
Alex Nixon is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7928 or email@example.com.
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- UPMC must provide in-network access to Highmark Medicare members, court rules
- Obama gets state, local allies for key initiatives
- Man dies trying to escape fire at his North Buffalo home
- Charleroi man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Overhaul possible for West Mifflin’s Century III Mall
- International counterfeiter sentenced in Pittsburgh to 7.5 years in prison
- BVA captures WPIAL title
- Inmate assaults Westmoreland County sheriff’s deputy at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital
- Bethel Park teacher’s profane tweet raises eyebrows
- Tough negotiation looms for Butler Area School District