Spirit flights to Myrtle Beach start earlier
By Kim Leonard
Published: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 10:58 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Spirit Airlines is moving up the start date for its seasonal service between Arnold Palmer Airport in Latrobe and Myrtle Beach by nearly two months, and will kick off three weekly nonstop flights on Feb. 14.
The low-cost airline said Thursday it also is starting service earlier than usual next year between Niagara Falls/Buffalo and Charleston, W.Va., and the South Carolina resort town. Flights from Chicago and Detroit also will be moved up.
Daily service from Latrobe begins on April 24.
“This is a grand example of the collaborative effort of Spirit Airlines and the airport in providing the tri-state area with exceptional ultra-low discount service,” said Gabe Monzo, executive director of Westmoreland County Airport Authority.
- Kovacevic: Penguins improve under microscope
- Jack Wagner concedes to Pittsburgh mayoral challenger Bill Peduto
- Snider’s grand slam lifts Pirates over Cubs
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- Pirates notebook: Penguins jerseys in fashion for road trip
- Senators notebook: Pens' Crosby has defensive shadows
- Senior Players Championship tickets on sale
- Deer Lakes out of WPIAL running after loss to Quaker Valley
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Barack Obama, the spectator president
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.