Consol, Emclaire to pay early dividends
By Alex Nixon
Published: Monday, December 10, 2012, 7:16 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 10, 2012
Consol Energy Inc. and Emclaire Financial Corp. will pay their shareholders quarterly dividends this month instead of next year, the companies said on Monday.
Cecil-based Consol said it will issue a 12.5 cents a share dividend on Dec. 28.
Emclaire, the parent company of Farmers National Bank of Emlenton, said it will pay a one-time dividend of 10 cents a share, also on Dec. 28.
The two companies join a growing list of companies in Western Pennsylvania and nationwide that have moved up dividends or issued special dividends on concerns that taxes on those payments will increase next year.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Senator’s liquor plan offers sales, packaging reform but no state store closings
- Pitt research facility dedicated in Hill District
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Group pushing Clinton bid in 2016 gets key senator’s vote
- Grand jury continues investigation in meeting with former Ravenstahl bodyguard
- Penn State scandal defendants lose second appeal
- Bad weather barrels through Western Pa.
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.