Consol, Emclaire to pay early dividends
Consol Energy Inc. and Emclaire Financial Corp. will pay their shareholders quarterly dividends this month instead of next year, the companies said on Monday.
Cecil-based Consol said it will issue a 12.5 cents a share dividend on Dec. 28.
Emclaire, the parent company of Farmers National Bank of Emlenton, said it will pay a one-time dividend of 10 cents a share, also on Dec. 28.
The two companies join a growing list of companies in Western Pennsylvania and nationwide that have moved up dividends or issued special dividends on concerns that taxes on those payments will increase next year.
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Fights reported, shots fired outside Monroeville Mall restaurant
- Lawsuit: Pittsburgh Public Schools should have known officer was abusing boys
- White House domestic staff share stories in ‘The Residence’
- Review: Bruce DeSilva delivers another outstanding mystery
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Only 3 wolves left at national park on Lake Superior; moose population would skyrocket
- Turrentine tribute features fine play
- 5 years on, empty graves, full hearts for Gulf survivors
- Monongahela seeks community help for Mounds Park upgrades
- Outdoors group pumps up annual Marianna Canoe Race