Consumers here to spend more on home projects, vacations
By Thomas Olson
Published: Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Consumers in Western Pennsylvania are more likely to make home improvements in 2013, as well as take a vacation next year, than consumers in the Midwest, a survey released Tuesday shows.
Huntington Bank's first consumer survey of its markets from Pittsburgh to Indianapolis also showed about 70 percent of people planned to spend at least as much on holiday gifts as last year, with current spending plans averaging $959.
About 53 percent of Western Pennsylvania consumers will make home improvements next year, versus 52 percent across the bank's five Midwest markets.
About 77 percent of Western Pennsylvania consumers will go on vacation in 2013, versus 75 percent across the Midwest.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Pirates’ road trip could define journey
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Penguins notebook: Tickets for Eastern Conference final on sale today
- Smoking in school costs man more than a fine
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Bank sues to stop $235,000 payment
- Historical societies to honor veterans by marking grave sites in Hempfield
- Greensburg man gets probation for spitting on officer
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.