Excela Health names chief medical officer
Dr. Carol Fox is Excela Health's permanent chief medical officer, after working in the post on an interim basis.
Fox has practiced as a primary care physician with the Greensburg-based health system since 1990, and she has stepped into temporary medical command there twice, Excela said in its announcement Monday.
Most recently, she became interim chief medical officer when Dr. Jerome Granato stepped down in September.
Fox graduated from the Latrobe Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program through Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- McCutchen, Pirates cruise past Twins
- Beaver County widow won’t lose home over $6.30 late fee
- Police: Scottdale man had child porn on computer
- Steelers unfazed by Brady suspension saga
- Judge adds 2 years to sentence of Baldwin Borough man acquitted of murder
- Gibsonia’s Saad shows off Stanley Cup at 911th Airlift Wing
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Housing Authority to treat Brookline senior complex for bedbugs
- Plum High School teacher held for court on charges of intimidation
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Sewickley Twp. man who received food stamps didn’t disclose gas royalties