Jefferson Regional to expand campus
By Sam Spatter
Published: Monday, December 24, 2012, 7:47 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Jefferson Regional Medical Center is planning an expansion with a surgery center and office space for physicians at its Bethel Park campus as part of a partnership with Highmark Inc., the hospital said.
The Bethel Park campus, at 1000 Highbee Drive, offers diagnostic imaging, cardiac testing, women's services, orthopedic care, laboratory, virtual colonoscopy and other services, including physical and aquatic therapy. Astorino was selected as architect for the expansion, said Al Ragan, vice president, diagnostic services and business development.
The medical center said that Dr. Chong S. Park, a cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon, was appointed medical director of the Heart Institute at Jefferson Regional. Jefferson Regional Cardiologist, Dr. James F. Shanahan IV, will serve as associate director.
- Penguins GM Shero: ‘Whole idea’ was improvement during playoffs
- Ribbon, wristband solemn reminders for Penguins coach Bylsma
- Key acquisitions have Penguins primed for run to Stanley Cup
- Robinson: Steelers rookie Wheaton could be impact receiver
- Penguins to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- Marijuana supporters rally at the Point
- Veteran Clark envisions finishing career as a member of Steelers
- Knoch volleyball star Sanks glad to end recruitment trail
- Restaurant battles online reviews
- Starkey: Pirates’ Huntington never looked so good
- Exclusive to the Trib: A better way to tax
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.