Mylan ships contraceptive pill
Mylan Inc. said on Friday that it has starting shipping a generic contraceptive pill as part of a partnership with an Indian pharmaceutical manufacturer.
Cecil-based Mylan is the domestic distributor of Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets, made by Famy Care Ltd., based in Mumbai, India. The tablets are a generic version of Nordette, made by Israel-based Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets had U.S. sales of about $60.4 million in the 12 months ended Sept. 30.
Mylan CEO Heather Bresch said the company has 34 oral contraceptives pending approval with the FDA.
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Buffalo Township grandma pleads guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of weed
- Police: Gunfire in Canadian Parliament after soldier shot
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Peduto, Harris compromise on $1.6M for North Side community center
- Lawyer: Steelers center Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Woman accused of hitting Pittsburgh officer at PrideFest pleads guilty to harassment
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Corbett: $2.5M grant will keep Children’s Hospital ‘a national model’
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control