Amazon wins dismissal of Apple’s false-ad claim
By Karen Gullo C.2013 Bloomberg News
Published: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Amazon.com Inc. won dismissal of Apple Inc.'s claim that the online retailer's use of the term “app store” for Android device software is false advertising.
U.S. District Judge Phyllis Hamilton in Oakland, Calif., on Wednesday granted Amazon's request to throw out one claim in Apple's lawsuit alleging trademark infringement and unfair competition over the Amazon Appstore for Android, a service begun in March that sells applications for the Kindle Fire and devices running Google Inc.'s Android software.
Apple is seeking a court order to block Amazon from using the term.
- Pens’ Bylsma: Vitale scratch due to faceoff performance
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Mayoral nominee Peduto plans city hall house-cleaning if he’s elected
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Couple accused of abusing adopted kids moving in with parents
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Pitt wins Big East Tournament opener, faces Notre Dame on Thursday
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.