Meakem-lead venture Forever.com raises $9M in capital
By Alex Nixon
Published: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 2:48 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 3, 2013
Local venture capitalist Glen Meakem has raised $9 million for a new company called Forever.com Inc., according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Meakem is co-founder and managing director of Meakem Becker Venture Capital in Sewickley. He and David Koegler, Meakem Becker's chief financial officer, are listed in Forever.com's filing as officers of the new company, which lists its address in One PPG Place, Downtown.
The filing does not describe the business and Meakem could not be reached for comment.
Meakem co-founded FreeMarkets Inc., an online auction site for business services that was acquired by Ariba Inc. in 2004 for $493 million.
There is no working website at forever.com.
Meakem in September trademarked the name ForeverTrust, according to the U.S. Patent and Trademarks Office. ForeverTrust is described as offering computer software and website for preserving, creating, organizing and retrieving personal documents, data, text, photos, music and video.
Alex Nixon is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7928 or Forever.com raises $9M in capital story on TribLIVE'>email@example.com.
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- Three-time Emmy winner, ‘Sopranos’ star James Gandolfini dead at 51
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Billy Price has lots of help to keep him staying ‘Strong’
- Police search around home of Patriots’ star Hernandez for 2nd day
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle says offense needs to get rolling
- Three killed when minivan crashes into tree in Butler County
- NHL notebook: Flyers set to release Briere
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Bethel Park couple sue contractor in federal court
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.