Facebook to hold news event, stock passes $30
By The Associated Press
Published: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 2:48 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Shares of Facebook are pushing above $30 for the first time since July, boosted by its decision to send invitations Tuesday to “come and see what we're building” at its headquarters in Menlo Park, Calif.
The company will say nothing more about the event. Speculation Wednesday ranged from a Facebook phone, something the company has consistently denied exists, to new search capabilities.
Though still below its initial public offering price of $38, shares of Facebook Inc. have risen steadily since November.
- Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Blowing late lead not a good sign for Penguins
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- NFL notebook: Gronkowski’s infection may have subsided
- Steelers reach agreement with sixth-round pick Williams
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Loss doesn’t put damper on Jeannette’s historic season
- NHL notebook: Rangers aim for another 0-2 comeback
- Retirement community’s lawsuit over sewage rates moves to federal court
- Massive tornado roars through Oklahoma City suburb
- Senators notebook: MacLean impressed by Ottawa fans
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.