Universal Stainless expects lower fourth-quarter results
By Kim Leonard
Published: Friday, January 18, 2013, 11:10 a.m.
Updated: Friday, May 10, 2013
Universal Stainless & Alloy Products Inc. said Friday its fourth-quarter financial results will be lower than expected.
The Bridgeville-based specialty metals maker said sales were around $47 million and earnings per share will be 15 to 17 cents. Results will be reported on Jan. 29. “Year-end order entry remained weak” as customers reduced inventories, CEO Dennis Oates said.
Universal Stainless reported a $2.75 million profit, or 38 cents a share, for the third quarter after adjusting for an incorrect invoice. Sales were $61.4 million. In the fourth-quarter of 2011, the company earned $4.3 million, or 59 cents, on revenue of $62.2 million.
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Penguins notebook: Morrow sits; Bylsma changes lineup
- NFL notebook: Urlacher announces retirement
- Mayoral nominee Peduto plans city hall house-cleaning if he’s elected
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Rupert wins Democratic nod to run for Armstrong sheriff
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Couple accused of abusing adopted kids moving in with parents
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.