UPMC cancer centers receive accreditation
By Alex Nixon
Published: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 12:36 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, January 22, 2013
UPMC's network of cancer centers received accreditation by the American College of Radiation Oncology, making it the largest cancer network in the country to be accredited in radiation oncology.
Twenty of the 21 UPMC CancerCenter sites in Western Pennsylvania were accredited, UPMC said.
The only one that didn't is located at UPMC East in Monroeville, which opened in July. That center will be eligible for accreditation after being open for one year.
About 7,000 cancer patients receive radiation treatment at UPMC CancerCenter sites a year.
Alex Nixon is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7928 or email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Judge snookered by service dog claim
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- WVU students ignore street sign amnesty offer
- Woman fights barriers after brain injury
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Error in 9th allows Pirates to rally past Astros
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
- Senators head home to regroup
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.