UPMC cancer centers receive accreditation
UPMC's network of cancer centers received accreditation by the American College of Radiation Oncology, making it the largest cancer network in the country to be accredited in radiation oncology.
Twenty of the 21 UPMC CancerCenter sites in Western Pennsylvania were accredited, UPMC said.
The only one that didn't is located at UPMC East in Monroeville, which opened in July. That center will be eligible for accreditation after being open for one year.
About 7,000 cancer patients receive radiation treatment at UPMC CancerCenter sites a year.
Alex Nixon is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7928 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Feds investigating millions embezzled from Matthews International Corp. of Pittsburgh
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- 22-month-old boy shot, killed in North Side; stepfather charged
- Hacker stuns Dayton family with computer takeover
- Western Pa. played role, was transformed by victory in World War II
- Wolf nominates former revenue colleague to Pennsylvania Turnpike post
- Cole struggles as Brewers continue Miller mastery over Pirates
- Pirates notebook: 6 September call-ups include first-timer Diaz
- Former state Sen. Orie appealing corruption conviction to federal court
- No bitter brew for Mercer over reduced playing time after injury