Best Buy enlists Amy Poehler for Super Bowl spot
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, January 25, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, January 25, 2013
Best Buy Co. has enlisted actress and comedian Amy Poehler to get its brand message across in a humor-focused spot during the Super Bowl XLVII.
The Minneapolis-based electronics chain said it will air a 30-second spot featuring Poehler, fresh off from her gig co-hosting the Golden Globes earlier this month, in the first quarter of the big game, which airs Feb. 3 on CBS.
The ad will convey a branding message and coincides with the retailer's turnaround plan to combat tough competition from online retailers and discounters.
Thirty-second ads cost $4 million, but that price tag brings lots of eyeballs. Last year, 111 million viewers tuned in to the big game.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Retailers cash in on the ’stache craze, as its popularity regrows
- Penguins notebook: Tickets for Eastern Conference final on sale today
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Penguins’ fans as young as five months brave cold to watch Game 5
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.