Alternative natural gas suppliers now listed online
By Kim Leonard
Published: Monday, January 28, 2013, 3:50 p.m.
Updated: Monday, January 28, 2013
Consumers can see how their natural gas utility's rate compares to other suppliers' prices on PAGasSwitch, an online feature from the state Public Utility Commission.
Gas suppliers and their offers are listed for each utility's service territory on the www.puc.pa.gov website, the regulatory agency said on Monday.
In the Pittsburgh area, Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania has 14 competing offers to its rate of 42.79 cents per therm of gas. Peoples Natural Gas Co. has three alternate suppliers in its territory, and Equitable Gas and Peoples TWP have none.
Consumers have had the ability to choose a gas supplier other than their local utility since 1999.
The state lists electric choices at www.papowerswitch.com.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Smoking in school costs man more than a fine
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- TreeVitalize beautifies hospital campus
- Penguins’ fans as young as five months brave cold to watch Game 5
- Mix-up at poll could impact Freeport Area School Board race
- Cieply dedicating his career to cancer research
- 2-time WPIAL champion wrestler Kenney of Connellsville High chooses WVU
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.