Michael Baker hires Korn/Ferry for CEO search
By Thomas Olson
Published: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 12:56 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Michael Baker Corp. said it hired high-powered executive search firm Korn/Ferry International to help its board of directors select a new chief executive.
The engineering/construction company in Moon has been without a permanent CEO since the board removed Bradley Mallory in mid-December. Mallory once served as PennDOT secretary.
Baker, which is being run by its chief financial and chief legal officers, named an independent directors committee in early January to weigh strategic options. The effort follows stockholder pressure to maximize share value, including through a merger.
Engaging Korn/Ferry is “an important step” to finding a new CEO, said a statement from director Robert Bontempo, who becomes chairman on Thursday, succeeding Richard Shaw, who is retiring.
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Southmoreland, Connellsville athletes fall short of PIAA medal stand
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- ‘Joke’ prompts British jets to divert airliner carrying 300 from Pakistan
- Dejan Kovacevic chat transcript: May 24, 2013
- Allegheny County Councilman Drozd leaves GOP, alleges dirty politics
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Police: Former Bethel Park PTO president spent stolen money on ‘stupid stuff’
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Friday’s high of 51 was lowest ever for May 24
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.