Primanti Bros. closes small Downtown location
By Sam Spatter
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013, 11:00 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Primanti Bros. closed its Cherry Way restaurant on Thursday, leaving a Market Square location as its lone restaurant in central Downtown.
“It was one of our oldest locations, probably the third we opened in this region about 20 years ago, and it was a counter operation, serving breakfast and lunch six days a week,” said Michael Kratsas, director of development. “It was not able to provide the full range of products and services we now offer at Primanti's.”
About five were employed there, among the more than 600 employees Primanti's has at its four Pittsburgh and 10 suburban restaurants, plus locations at PNC Park, Heinz Field and Consol Energy Center, he said. There are three Primanti restaurants in Florida.
- WPIAL softball postseason newcomers making inroads
- Daily News roundup: Clancy’s wins DNL opener
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- MPIAA holds annual 100-inning softball game
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Women take action to improve Kinloch park
- Buffalo Township celebrates Unity in the Community
- Deer Lakes School District may raise meal prices
- Styx, REO Speedwagon and Nugent still up to rocking the crowd
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.